“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/6/2019 6:45 am  #1

Couple more signings

AJ, Beeden and Fadahunsi have all committed to the new season joined by new defender Nathan Daly and returning favourite Dean Hamlin.

So it looks like we will have a good mix of youth and experience at the back. And a pretty solid central midfield.

Still leaves us looking for a goal scorer or 2. And perhaps a couple of wide men.

But the manager seems to be doing well so far considering the key players that have left.

Oh yes - and a goalie!

19/6/2019 8:46 am  #2

Re: Couple more signings

Could not agree more "Endo" things are now looking far more optimistic rather than earlier in the close season when we lost "Wedgie" and "Simmo" not to forget the four others who moved on.
My early season optimism is now returning, as you rightly say,we are sadly lacking a goal-scorer or two, which of course was the reason we did not do better than we did last season.
Have we any news yet on Eddie Dines and of course a goalkeeper?

19/6/2019 3:31 pm  #3

i wonder if Dan Summers could be that man if A) he returns or is asked back B) addresses fitness

19/6/2019 7:55 pm  #4

I think last season`s return spoke volumes as to whether Dan is the answer dac123
If he can get himself fitter and shed a little weight, then who knows.
I just wonder if his heart is still in the game.

21/6/2019 5:59 pm  #5

From the Facebook page

Let's start the weekend with some more player announcements! With Hady Ghandour as the only striker named so far its time to add to our fire power.

So first off, let's give a big Campus Society Stadium welcome to another new face coming in and that's former Staines Town and Ashford Town striker, Nebay Haile.

Joining him are five returnees. Firstly are the experienced trio of Dan Summers, David Carty (pictured) and Omari Hibbert (pictured). Dan and David both came to the Terrors at the back end of last season, neither of them with the benefit of much game time under their belts. Hopefully with a full pre-season behind them they'll both be able to show us what we know they can do. Omari was with us at the start of last season but missed large chunks of it through injury and illness. Again though, when he returned towards the end of the season he showed us glimpses of what we know he's capable of.

And we can also throw into the mix, two of our younger strikers who both featured in the first team at the start of last season, Shamal Edwards (pictured) and Razzaq Coleman. Razzaq featured regularly in our double winning U23 side and also gained plenty of senior experience while also playing for Southern Counties East Premier Division side Erith Town. Shamal Edwards was also one of the stars of our U23 side last season, and amazingly still finished the season as the Division's top goalscorer despite not playing a single game during the final 12 weeks while he too was getting plenty of senior experience on loan Erith Town.

More announcements still to come

24/6/2019 8:56 am  #6

More good news coming through.  We have signed a goalie, James Shaw.  Don't know that much about him, but he did play the whole of last season at Three Bridges, so at least we know he isn't an untried goalie at this level.

And the manager has also signed a number of attackers - some new like Nebay Haile and David Castanho, some returning like Carty and Summers and some from the youth set up such as Coleman and Edwards.

So it looks like the manager has worked quickly to get a balanced squad ready for pre season.  We seem to have cover in all positions, and a decent balance of youth and experience, so Ashley has done well to cover the loss of half of last years team.

Now the hard bit as he has to mould them into a team that can challenge for the play offs!

24/6/2019 11:18 am  #7

We can not ask any more of Ashley, at least he is acting to resolve the departures.
My early optimism is now slowly returning and I can not wait until the friendlies to see how the newbies shape up.

Board footera