“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/7/2019 12:18 pm  #1

MATTE PIERSON

Has joined Frank at Merstham , yet another "Tooting" stalwart.

04/7/2019 12:41 pm  #2

Re: MATTE PIERSON

Can't help thinking that Wilson is signing players that got us promoted one year, but proved not good enough for the premier Division the following year. What chance of Merstham going down???

04/7/2019 12:43 pm  #3

Good point! but was it the players fault or the manager`s due to his unwillingness to change tactics.

04/7/2019 1:19 pm  #4

I don't want to sound like sour grapes, but apart from our relegation season I don't think Sim, Wedgie, Pierson or Dines have ever played at Premier League level.  And as we know the one time they did it all went a bit wrong!  But they are only 4 players and they may well complement the rest of the squad.  And I firmly believe that the best XI players don't win football matches - the best team does.

Nevertheless, I do suspect that they might struggle a bit.  However, I see that Frank has just brought in Barry Hayles as his assistant.  Whether he'll be on the playing roster I don't know.  Maybe he'll finally hang up his boots...

04/7/2019 1:28 pm  #5

endofthelane wrote:

Sim, Wedgie, Pierson or Dines

Add Ollie Bennett to that list !

04/7/2019 8:18 pm  #6

So we all appear to agree then! the coming season for Merstham does not bode well.

Board footera