“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/9/2019 9:20 pm  #1

HARLOW

Tooting rode their luck during the first half with the home side creating five very good chances but were unable to find the final touch.
The Terrors struggled for most of the half to find any rhythm in their play resorting to the long ball for Danny and Hady to chase in order to relieve the pressure from their beleaguered goal.
This resulted in the goal by Razzaq which was a superb finish with very little of the goal to aim at.
So Tooting went in at half time one nil to the good a score that surprised all the Tooting faithful who hade made the journey to what is a nice ground, but one which has a 3G pitch, which I feel does not suit our style of play.
The start of the second half saw Harlow score within minutes of the start, a mix up in the goal saw the ball fumbled and into the path of the Harlow player who had the easiest of chances.
Thereafter the game ebbed and flowed from end to end with the best chance falling to Sol whose thunderbolt of a shot was saved by the keepers feet.
All in all probability most of us would have settled for a point before the start so not a bad days work! but with the hardest games still to come a playoff finish is not going to be as easy as our good start was suggesting.
But with the season only just begun I do not think we can play as bad as we did in the first half, again.

15/9/2019 2:32 pm  #2

Re: HARLOW

Have to say I wasn't 'surprised' at half time and Hady was an inch from winning it for us near the end after another powerful run by Raz.
 Their goal was bundled in after a good save by James that came back off the post.
We were good for the point, away at a top 6 rival, and might well have won it.
Onwards and upwards

Board footera