“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/11/2019 6:44 pm  #1

Tuesday night cup match

This Tuesday Tooting & Mitcham face up against ⁦WhyteleafeFC⁩ in the Velocity Trophy 🏆

The Terrors need to win by 4 goals, or by 3 if they score 5 or more, to progress into the knockout round.

Is this a good time to play a full first team sqaud with Haddy, Danny B and Junior leading our attack?

I hope Shamal Edwards is on the bench as a striker.

26/11/2019 11:03 pm  #2

Re: Tuesday night cup match

We are out of the cup after losing 1-2.
The best I can say is a few played well. Having said that, I have to mention Haddy again , who was a excellent. 
It was great to see Sheikh Ceesay who has returned for Leaf after a nasty shoulder injury. He came over and said hello to Mason and I before and after the game. I am very found of Sheikh who showed us his decent ball skills during the game.Their number 6 was my man of the match . He was the best CB I have seen against us this season.

27/11/2019 11:25 am  #3

Sorry Gary but I thought Ceesay was awful last night. Almost every shot he had to handle was fumbled and we should have pressured him more with shots and follow-ups to tap the loose ball in to the net - a good possible advantage missed by our forwards.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

27/11/2019 2:53 pm  #4

I don’t think we need to debate our former Youth Team and Reserve Team captains performance who grew up playing with Sol Patterson-Bohner for Tooting, although I disagree with you. I think we have our own problems in the first team at the moment.

27/11/2019 11:29 pm  #5

Four big league games coming up. Unfortunately two of these will be at home where our form is really suffering.

28/11/2019 8:34 pm  #6

I think I would argue that for most of the last seasons, our quality of play has been better at home than away.
I do not know the stats but I would imagine our points/win ratio away is better than at Imperial Fields.
I know some on here might disagree with me but, sorry, Connor French is not the answer and until that position is addressed and the chances that we create put away, I feel that we are in for another mixed season of results.
Hopefully our management team are working hard behind the scenes to address our striker problem, because if Danny ever gets injured, we really will be in a fix.

Last edited by alanj (28/11/2019 8:35 pm)

Board footera