“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/11/2019 9:55 pm  #1

Free First Team Football

The club are offering free football for our home league match against Ware on Saturday the 14th of September. There will be a Santa's Grotto, Face Panting and Festive food and drinks.
Thank you to the club for putting this together for the fans and also thank you to who ever got the leaflets printed. Our new Chairperson Caroline was handing out leaflets today for the game which will give you free entry. This is very useful for people without printers and for people like me who have run out of ink on their home printer. I think this is a genuine gesture from the club to make this work.
For those who wasn't at the game please print from this link below. It maybe a idea to email this to local schools.
https://www.betvictoristhmian.co.uk/free-christmas-terrors-59972

01/12/2019 1:18 pm  #2

Re: Free First Team Football

For season ticket holders  such as myself "Garry" does this mean I will receive a refund for this one game, or do I just lose out for supporting the team from the start.  https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons2/thinking.png

01/12/2019 2:02 pm  #3

I had that discussion with other season ticket holders and we all concluded that being a season ticket holder was more about supporting the club than saving money.
This initiative is a positive move by a community club and hope it might lead to new supporters. 

01/12/2019 5:38 pm  #4

For the last few seasons there has been a "free" game to promote not just Tooting & Mitcham United United, but everything that goes on within "The Hub" so I am surprised that season ticket holders would query this.

01/12/2019 8:06 pm  #5

Alan, may I  ask you to direct your question to club officials directly as I am just a supporter and run this forum as a volunteer.

01/12/2019 8:39 pm  #6

To the other postings, the point I am making is one regarding fairness, just because a season ticket is purchased surely entitles the purchaser to be treated in the same manner as a non purchaser.
In answer to yourself "Gary" I will make a point of raising this with a club official but I would not be surprised if the response is negative.
With regards to "supporting the club" I always do that in every way possible, this is not about the money just the principle.

Last edited by alanj (01/12/2019 8:40 pm)

02/12/2019 9:46 am  #7

These days are all about growing the club and, as a season ticket holder, I’m a big supporter of the initiative.

I thought the renewal offer this year was very fair and gave us all the opportunity to save money - assuming we managed to get to all games. That said, I’m guessing most season ticket holders expect to miss a few matches and the purchase is more a signal of their support for the club.

02/12/2019 10:44 am  #8

alanj - i don't think asking for or expecting money back (even on principle) is fair just because the club has given a free entry game for all. Though I fully respect your opinion.

At the end of the day the money they've collected from season ticket holders has already gone into some form of planning or payment for the club players or facilities. Refunding season ticket holders for the game (again, even on principle) just feels counter-intuitive. 

Having said all that, it is folks like you who pay up front and commit a season to the club in advance are the lifeblood of the club, and you deserve a say!  

02/12/2019 10:45 am  #9

I remember proposing a free entry scheme for 1st time attendees to John Buffoni.  He knocked it back citing existing supporters who would be put out about having to pay whilst non-supporters get in for nothing.

I was disappointed by that view.

Even though I am not a season ticket holder this season, I wouldn't have any problem with the club offering free admission to games occasionally, or offering free tickets to the wider community on a more regular basis.  I certainly wouldn't be wanting any sort of compensation or refund.

In fact, one of my followers on Twitter has suggested that he would be putting his usual tenner into some sort of charity on the free entry day.

Its vital that the club attracts new supporters and offering free entry is an obvious method.  And new supporters can turn into lifelong season ticket holders.

I know for a fact that when I offered free entry to a game via my Twitter account a few years ago, about 30 people turned up and at least 2 are now regular supporters.

I don't know how much a season ticket was this year, but I think it worked out at about £8.42 per league game.  And lets say we have 50 season ticket holders.  Do they really expect the club to pay THEM over £400 to come to the Ware game?

Come on guys, lets look at the bigger picture.  To paraphrase JFK, don't ask what the club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club.  If regular supporters have to sacrifice £8 for the common good of the club, the I'm sure most would be happy to.

Board footera