“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/11/2013 10:06 pm  #1

Won 2-1

A bit of a mixed bag today - the first half was a bit flat and we didn't have any penetration until about 40 mins when we started to play a bit.  By then we were a goal down.  Not that they were much better - there weren't many chances at either end.  But we turned it around a bit in the second half and put them under a bit more constant pressure and we were rewarded when Nathan Gordon was knocked over while challenging for a bouncing ball.  It was the sort of foul that is always given around the pitch, but not very often when its in the box!  Cheadle closed in on Dave Junemans's penalty record - only about another 44 to go Jordan!

Frankie Sawyer was then brought on gave the attack an injection of pace, and it was his cross that Alimi scored from at the far post.  It wasn't an easy finish - Bash had a lot of work to do - but finished well.  We had a couple of good chances after that, but as the game moved into the latter stages, Walton pushed us back and there were a few half chances which they spurned.

But overall, I felt that it was a deserved victory.

24/11/2013 1:20 am  #2

Re: Won 2-1

Spot on as always Endo.

I was really impressed with Bash again today who battled away to hold on to the midfied without his partner Quarmi who I think we are really missing.
Craig pushed him further up in the 2nd half to increase the pressure on W&H and it worked.
Thought he did really well to get that far in to the box to finish off that chance for the win.
(And as experienced an eye as Alan Simpson shared our views as he voted him todays MOM) 

Lovely to have Frankie Sawyer back again so we can bring on a striker who is a real goal threat and makes things happen.

In my best dreams the team score an early goal and go on to win 5 or 6 nil each week.
But coming from behind to win shows character and determination.

Onward and upward - perhaps 

24/11/2013 12:43 pm  #3

It looked like one of the those days.  Once again the team up against us was not anything special but we seemed to labour.  It looks like we have lost the grip of the midfield that we had a month ago and missing Quarm did not help.  Too many passes were going astray and some players were trying too hard to do it all on their own instead of making simple passes.

The second half looked better though, though it was not until Frankie Sawyer and Elliott Simpson came on that the spark came and we looked like our old selves again.  And once more we came from one down to win the match. 

Does anyone know why our top scoring striker (Sol) is playing wide instead of being in goal scoring positions in the box and why is he taking the corners?  He is a good striker but certainly not a corner taker!

Glass half-full.  Mid-table or above at the end of the season.

Last edited by evthedog (24/11/2013 12:44 pm)

25/11/2013 12:08 am  #4

Great stats 59er.  Makes you shudder.

Board footera