“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/1/2021 5:17 am  #1

Another season lost to COVID19?

Am I right in thinking that this current season is now deemed null and void ? I’ve relied on my memories of games I have watched since the 1960’s at Sandy Lane and Imperial fields, the good, the bad and the ugly ! I have never considered myself a full time supporter unlike my Dad and Uncle Steptoe’s but surely miss my dose of the “Terrors” brand of football, guess sometimes some of us don’t always appreciate certain things until they are gone, true for many aspects in life I expect. Still let’s look forward to better times. Keep safe everyone.

29/3/2021 9:21 am  #2

Re: Another season lost to COVID19?

Hi, has this season officially been ended or is there now a possibility with the lockdown restrictions gradually being eased that there could be spectator attendance and some fixtures at the ground ?

29/3/2021 1:05 pm  #3

The LEAGUE season has been curtailed, as has the league cup and the surrey senior cup.  BUT the London Senior Cup is still running.  I don't think the club have officially confirmed that we are still in it, but according to the London FA we are due to be at home to Sporting Bengal in the 1st round with the winners at home to Orient in the next round.  The winners of that game have a home quarter final tie against Erith Town.

29/3/2021 2:52 pm  #4

Many thanks for the update.

Board footera