“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/12/2013 11:23 am  #1

T&M v Peacehaven is ON

No problems.

28/12/2013 8:02 pm  #2

Re: T&M v Peacehaven is ON

Lost 5-3, having been 2-1 up at half time and then 3-1. A very entertaining game. Some enterprising forward play by us was undone by naive defending. Pacehaven are certainly a good team, but how they finished with 11 players still on the pitch and their manager not sent to the stand was down to yet more spineless refereeing.

28/12/2013 10:10 pm  #3

Thanks for the details Tartan Terror.
When I saw the result I thought that was pretty special against the free scoring league leaders.
And to find that we were 3-1 up..........   
Rich entertainment indeed.   Sorry I was not there.
Any more details please?   Our scorers?    The line up?
Thanks.

A very happy and healthy 2014 to all Terrors players, managerment, hard working officials and the zebra clad faithful.

28/12/2013 11:00 pm  #4

Our scorers were Pinnock and Sawyer (2).

Last edited by Tartan Terror (29/12/2013 3:16 pm)

29/12/2013 6:39 am  #5

Bondy. 

We totally dominated the first half but let a soft goal in just before half time.  Two things in the first half helped to lose us the match though.  There was a blatant handball in the box by a Peacehaven defender that the ref and the lino decided to ignore.  I know as a Tooting supporter I am bias but this handball was undeniable.  This was followed later on by a blatant handball outside of the box by the Peacehaven keeper, who in fisting the ball into touch from in front of his body had his hands and one of his feet over the white line!  Once again the lino and ref were blind to it.

We came out in the second half and Frankie scored in the first couple of minutes to make it 3-1 to us.  But Peacehaven changed their tactics dominated the second half and showed why they are leading the table.  Very impressive.  We did not adapt to there concentration on attacking down the wings and apart from a couple of spells we did not really bother their defenders again.

This was a very good game of football where one could say that luck went against us.  A penalty denied and Peacehaven who should have been playing with ten men for fifty to sixty minutes: 5-5 would have been a fair result. 

Once again we let in a couple of soft goals, but for me the first Frankie Sawyer goal was worth the entrance fee: a beautiful bit of team work resulting in a cracker of a goal with Frankie showing us what a great goal scorer he is, now with eleven goals.

One strange thing about this match which I have never seen, or really heard before: the ref knew all of the Peacehaven players by their first names!  Not ours, just the Peacehaven players...

29/12/2013 10:08 am  #6

Our team was (for Bondy especially)

Smith, Robinson, Gordon, Alimi, Cheadle, Turner, Knock, Quarm, Pinnock, Sawyer, Noble.

Quarm, Knock and Sawyer came off in the second half. Simpson, Jee and 'TJ' came on.

Board footera