“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/11/2021 8:06 am  #1

Tooting 1 Met Police 0

Entertaining game and very good performance from a Tooting side with a blend of first team regulars and under 23s . Looked like Met Police fielded a strong side and this showed early on as they controlled the game. Tooting gradually gained in confidence and from 30 minutes onwards were more than a match for the visitors. Dontai Stewart won and converted a penalty just before half time.

Tooting were generally on top in the second half and went very close a couple of times to extending the lead. For once the defensive unit looked really solid and there were few major alarms, whilst the midfield trio of Illic, Belford (my MOM) and Coleman were excellent.

We had another new goalkeeper - a loanee from Sutton United who is with us for a month. Looked very solidly and was very vocal!

A very positive performance to follow up on the success at the weekend.

03/11/2021 1:57 pm  #2

Re: Tooting 1 Met Police 0

Brassneck, pleased you enjoyed the game and witnessed a cup win.  You must have been excited to provide a match report…Well done.  The Met Police also fielded a under strength team with a mixture of players similar to Tooting.  As with all our the cup competitions left this season having zero meaning, but only to provide an opportunity for us and our opposition, to play academy and in some instances youth players, plus a game for those who do not play on a regular basis to fulfil gaps in the fixture list or use for trial purposes..

A win is a Win, whatever the circumstances, are the team starting to move on from the shambolic start to the season???

Last edited by Mikem (03/11/2021 2:04 pm)

03/11/2021 5:26 pm  #3

Were you there Mike? The Met Police fielded about 8 players in their starting 11 from their previous league match I think. It was a competitive game so yes not a glamourous competition but worth getting a bit excited about as a sign of some of the early season issues being addressed. Winning any games is a good habit and builds confidence.

Presume you are aware of some recent signings the club has made and also a couple of players now moving on?

04/11/2021 2:04 pm  #4

Who is the goalkeeper for the next game?

04/11/2021 8:32 pm  #5

Only de management knows !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera