“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/3/2022 10:19 am  #51

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Absolutely evthedog. A disaster if Toots saviour depends on Westfield imploding. Was hoping that the game against Sutton Common Rovers would be the “crunch” game!

28/3/2022 7:22 pm  #52

evthedog wrote:

🎵One wheel on our wagon, but we're still rolling along.  The Combined Counties are after us, playing matches on cabbage patches, but board is singing a haaappy song!🎼🎶

Not the most positive first post on here but I agree, for some reason when I think of the Combined Counties I think of expressions like ‘the old carrot crunchers’ and similar.  I reckon it’s because the name has a similarly to combine harvester. 

It’s turning into a nail biting end to the season, in a way T&M haven’t seen before…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (28/3/2022 7:23 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

28/3/2022 11:03 pm  #53

Now, looking at how teams are reprieved these days in the third-from-bottom position (working out from points-per-game), there's a load of work to do here.  Looking at all eight teams at this step, third from bottom (in order):

Prescot Cables (Northern PL West), Played 34, Points 33 - PPG = 0.97
East Grinstead Town (Isthmian SE), Played 33, Points 32 - PPG = 0.97

Hullbridge Sports (Isthmian N), Played 32, Points 29 - PPG = 0.96
Sheffield (Northern PL East), Played 29, Points 25 - PPG = 8.86
Cinderford Town (Southern League South), Played 30, Points 25 - PPG = 0.83
Tooting and Mitcham United (Isthmian SC), Played 31, Points 25 - PPG = 0.80
Kempston Rovers (Southern League Central), Played 33, Points 26 - PPG = 0.79
Histon (Northern PL Midlands), Played 33, Points 21 - PPG = 0.64

If T&M keep this position in the league they are well in the relegation playoff zone.  The game against Chalfont will be a make or break 

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (28/3/2022 11:04 pm)

29/3/2022 2:55 pm  #54

Is it only three teams that are relegated?.

If so with Whyteleafe expunged from the table and Staines and Chalfort below us (at the moment), does that mean we are fourth from bottom and currently safe?.

29/3/2022 3:01 pm  #55

No.  The bottom 2 are automatically relegated.  At the moment that is Staines and Chalfont.  All of the eight step 4 3rd bottom teams go into a pool and the teams with the 6 worst points per game record will be at home in a 1 off playoff against a step 5 team.

The Whyteleafe situation has no impact on the relegation picture.

29/3/2022 3:26 pm  #56

Wouldn't Whyleleafe be deemed one of the bottom two though?.

29/3/2022 4:00 pm  #57

There are 2 or 3 step 4 leagues with only 19 teams and its clear how its going to work this season.

Now, if Staines were to fold (which I don't think they will) that would throw the cat amongst the pigeons!

30/3/2022 2:04 pm  #58

The Isthmian League have made a statement of help for Staines Town to finish the season. Their away fixture against Chipstead this Saturday will be re-scheduled, and the other away matches, including Tooting, should not be an issue, and alternative arrangement will be made for their raining home games. All of this subject to a temporary solution to the club’ ongoing problems.

Let’s hope all of this transpires as the promotion and relegation for the 3 regional leagues will be thrown into chaos if Staines are made to pull the plug on their remaining games. On past form, If this happens all matches involving Staines Town will be made null and void and points gained from Staines will be deducted from all clubs involved. Clearly this would impact all clubs involved with promotion and relegations battles.

Have Tooting been saved from relegation??????????

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

30/3/2022 5:58 pm  #59

Exciting isn't it!  It might just get the Adkins apologists out of jail and enable them to imbibe in more S&L coolaid next season.

Oh what larks!

30/3/2022 7:19 pm  #60

Sorry ev but the adkins apologists are tin eared and seemed totally sold on our masters great vision of how to run a once great football club into the ground and that includes the useful idiot that runs the members club
in fact i dont even recollect ever seeing Mr Wooley at sandy lane although he professes to be a long time supporter i have been following the club for an awfully long time now and i might not know all the names but i certainly know most of the faces and he aint one of them.

30/3/2022 7:34 pm  #61

You old cynic Dan!  It's all wonderful, especially in the board room!  Get on board and join the yoof revolution at the club.  It's gonna be great!  Get down with the kids!

Maidstone, Dulwich, Dorking, Dover, Wealdstone, Concord, Dartford, Billericay, Tonbridge, Worthing, Lewis, Carshalton, Corinthian Casuals, Horsham, Merstham: we played them all at Imperial Fields. Where are they now?

Who's laughing now?

Last edited by evthedog (30/3/2022 7:39 pm)

30/3/2022 8:01 pm  #62

Mikem wrote:

Let’s hope all of this transpires as the promotion and relegation for the 3 regional leagues will be thrown into chaos if Staines are made to pull the plug on their remaining games. On past form, If this happens all matches involving Staines Town will be made null and void and points gained from Staines will be deducted from all clubs involved. Clearly this would impact all clubs involved with promotion and relegations battles.

Well, I've had a look about and it seems it all depends on whether a team has played more than 75% of it's fixtures (Staines has, as you all know anyway) - the indication seems to be that over 75%, the team (that's dropping out) has it's previous games honoured, and any upcoming fixtures go down as a 1-0 win to the opposing team (which would mean T&M get three free points at the end).

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=735368%3Bguest=111943647

https://fulltime.thefa.com/newsArticle.html?league=391033232&noticePlacementID=998534704&noticeID=57831351

(Couple of examples)

However the FA wording is this:

In the event of a team withdrawing from the Competition before completing 75% of its fixtures for the season all points obtained by or recorded against such defaulting team shall be expunged from the Competition table.

Which says definitely what happens if you don't get to 75% but isn't very clear what happens beyond.........

30/3/2022 8:21 pm  #63

Just had a look at the other Step 4 teams, not much movement really despite a few games - we are sixth out of eight with PPG at the minute - interesting to read that Kendal Town and Market Drayton Town (Northern PL West) are already relegated with no chance to score enough points as are Romford in the Isthmian North.  

Market Drayton Town - 7 points
Kendal Town - 10 points
Romford - 12 points

31/3/2022 8:47 am  #64

Crikey with all this relegation ifs and buts you need a degree in Maths to try and get your head around it all ! I just hope it favours Toots in the end and that some major changes are made for the better particularly in the First team’s future. We live in hope!

31/3/2022 9:20 am  #65

Hi Steptoe,
Nothing has changed for the Football Team since Tooting and Mitcham Sports and Leisure was incorporated in 2000 by Steve Adkins, and will remain so until either he sells up or goes bankrupt as he's always pleading poverty! if they escape relegation the same culture will persist and even get worse. All the fans want is a normal football club, not the abnormal institution which wraps it’s claws around the football team today. The football team was initially a vehicle of convenience to get grant funding and eventually to go bed with Merton Council. All of this aided and abetted by the Members Club and the totally useless Woolley

since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (31/3/2022 9:28 am)

02/4/2022 4:19 am  #66

Surely a must win for Toots against second bottom Chalfont St Peter to raise some dignity in our failing club, but then again…..? 

02/4/2022 9:38 am  #67

Hi Steptoe, The process of the Football Team losing it's dignity was  way back in 2005, when Sports and Leisure were formed. And all dignity was lost with the full takeover in 2005. Everything gets worse year by year! 

A win today at Chalfont St Peter is totally meaningless, even winning this dreadful low level league is meaningless.

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

02/4/2022 10:58 am  #68

Mikem wrote:

A win today at Chalfont St Peter is totally meaningless, even winning this dreadful low level league is meaningless.

Especially if Westfield pick up points……

It amuses me the admin has put a link to the CCL (carrot crunchers league) table in the home page!  To be fair, from a venue and area perspective the CCL isn’t a million miles from what T&M are in now…..

02/4/2022 4:04 pm  #69

Interesting results at the bottom of the table today for Toots. Three needed points is most welcome but is it all too late as Westfield also won?

02/4/2022 4:30 pm  #70

Toots smashing Chalfont must make us favourites for promotion next season!

02/4/2022 4:31 pm  #71

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Interesting results at the bottom of the table today for Toots. Three needed points is most welcome but is it all too late as Westfield also won?

Yes a lot was riding on Westfield really……the third-from-bottom rankings are now (in PPG)

Newcastle Town (Northern PL West) 0.97
East Grinstead Town (Isthmian SE) 0.97
Cinderford Town (Southern S) 0.90
Tooting & Mitcham (Isthmian SC) 0.88
Witham Town (Isthmian N) 0.85
Kempston Rovers (Southern C) 0.85
Sheffield (Northern PL East) 0.81
Histon (Northern PL Mid) 0.61

So if T&M keep this position in the table there’s a chance they will avoid the relegation playoff, they’ve gone up the rankings since last week, but still indeed all to play for….

03/4/2022 10:55 am  #72

Can someone kindly confirm that Toots away game vs Sutton Common Rovers on the 6th April will be played at Leatherheads ground? Thanks in advance!

03/4/2022 2:03 pm  #73

Can someone kindly confirm that Toots away game vs Sutton Common Rovers on the 6th April will be played at Leatherheads ground? Thanks in advance!

I didn’t know that but you’re spot on, the Pichero Isthmian site showing it.  My main memories of that ground is that the food was bloody good and Bill Hill pulled a goalies shorts down……

03/4/2022 4:17 pm  #74

Thanks BRASSNECK and BERNIETHEBOLT.

04/4/2022 8:53 pm  #75

Thanks BRASSNECK and BERNIETHEBOLT.

No worries, another great seventies name, I’ve been asked if my username is anything to do with Bolty but no, I just picked it in a moment of nostalgia

Board footera