“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/2/2023 5:34 pm  #176

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Better than nothing and who knows green shoots maybe ?

11/2/2023 10:33 pm  #177

Wasn't a thriller today (as expected) but our first point of the year which is a big plus. The new players looked very promising (how long will they stay?). Jaiden Chang needs to be sold to Real Madrid or Park Juniors Under 9s (anyone who will take him..). Manu needs to get angry and aggressive. He's got the height but doesn't use it. Eddie and Malachi up front with Lyle in the holding role and the new boys? Yep - could have a bit of potential...

12/2/2023 10:23 am  #178

Andy p good to hear the new lads looked promising but with 15 games left we need to treat every game as a cup final pesonally i feel they may have left it too late lets hope not, and i understand from a few people that jaden chang is pretty hopeless so wonder why bosah playes him every week unless its a love child of course.

12/2/2023 12:19 pm  #179

Daniel - It was interesting to see Ashley being vocal with the new guy next to him. I'm pretty certain if we played with fight and intensity we showed against Basingstoke we might just make it. Although other kind results will certainly help - Bedfont have got SCR this week.

15/2/2023 6:06 pm  #180

Big games for Guernsey and Sutton Common Rovers tonight which could put even more pressure on bottom of the table TOOTS!!!

15/2/2023 6:55 pm  #181

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Big games for Guernsey and Sutton Common Rovers tonight which could put even more pressure on bottom of the table TOOTS!!!

It’s a bit of an odd one, the SCR match is a dangerous one whatever happens, if SCR win they go ahead of us a bit more, if Bedfont win the safety net to get above the relegation playoff zone gets wider (to 11 points away from safety) and if it’s a draw both teams edge away a bit more with a point. 

Then of course there’s next Monday : 0

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (15/2/2023 6:56 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

15/2/2023 9:09 pm  #182

Bedfont’s Sam Evans must be a popular lad.  Scores in the 6th minute but then goes and delivers an own goal in the 40th.  As they say it’s a funny old game…..

He’s redeemed himself with a penalty the cheeky mite.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (15/2/2023 9:19 pm)

16/2/2023 6:17 am  #183

Well BernieTheBolt, last nights result kind of could have been worse for Toots, Guernsey clearly pulling out of danger, with the other relegation  prospects drawing 3 all ! Can Toots create a revival with new blood in the squad ?

17/2/2023 11:10 am  #184

The CCL administration seems to be in a bit of trouble, as another forum mentioned it’s run by volunteers, and they’re advertising for no less than: 

General Secretary
Assistant Secretary
Fine’s Secretary
Welfare Officer
Vice Chairman
Media Officer
Invoicing and Payments Officer
Sponsorship & Partnership Officer

Must be a happy league with loads of interest…..

https://combinedcounties.pitchero.com/ccl-vacancies-74670

17/2/2023 11:49 am  #185

Hi Bernie,

Great jobs for Adkins, Woolley, Cox, Shaw and the ex tea bar lady to  apply for! What do your expect at this junior level.  

17/2/2023 2:36 pm  #186

Mikem wrote:

Hi Bernie,

Great jobs for Adkins, Woolley, Cox, Shaw and the ex tea bar lady to  apply for! What do your expect at this junior level.  

Hello Mike, yes!  That’s just given me a bloody good laugh : ))

17/2/2023 7:23 pm  #187

VICE Chairman...sounds nice😉

18/2/2023 12:33 pm  #188

evthedog wrote:

VICE Chairman...sounds nice😉

Maybe the last person got worn out…..

Today looks bloody hard, we’ve drawn the short straw on a day to play Binfield - because of the six-pointer between Chertsey and Marlow.  A Binfield win and any result in the Chertsey and Marlow game gets Binfield into the playoff zone.  However the other teams towards the bottom of the league have tough games today…..it’ll all be happening!

18/2/2023 5:05 pm  #189

At last THREE valuable points for Toots, but slightly tinged with winning results for Merstham and Sutton Common Rovers. Still has Toots started to turn the corner or is it all too late ?

18/2/2023 7:48 pm  #190

At last THREE valuable points for Toots, but slightly tinged with winning results for Merstham and Sutton Common Rovers. Still has Toots started to turn the corner or is it all too late ?

It’s certainly hotting up at the bottom of the division.  At least we’re not in the position of another step 4 club - Yaxley in the NPL Midlands.  4 points.  What a year

19/2/2023 4:43 am  #191

It sure is BernieTheBolt ! It all should become very interesting and nail biting !

19/2/2023 10:23 pm  #192

The pathetic South-Central League where there is not one outstanding team including Basingstoke, is shaping up for a  straight fight between 5 clubs to avoid relegation. They are:-
Bedfont Sports
Sutton Common Rovers
Guernsey
Merstham
Tooting

Two of the Five will automatically be relegated an the other 3 will try to avoid the 2 relegation play-off places. The situations is not looking healthy. All 5 teams are capable of winning games in this dreadful league.

What of the future:-

Relegation will see Tooting demoted to junior level and as pointed out, the club will disappear from the Football Web Pages, so up to date scores, results attendances will have to be searched on social media. Not a pretty site. Gates will plummet, and yesterday’s crowd of 130 will look great, in fact it will be try and spot the spectator! The new Manager does not have a good track record, and changes have been made far too late by idiots who supposedly run this team. 

If the team does survive relegation, and indeed get promoted next season, the structure and running of the team will not be able to support any future success as proven since 2005.

I feel sorry for those genuine volunteers who over the years have supported this dying team, and those fans who have left in their droves.

The Club was built to fail since 2005 and the project is almost done!!!!!!!!!!!

19/2/2023 11:16 pm  #193

Mikem wrote:

Relegation will see Tooting demoted to junior level and as pointed out, the club will disappear from the Football Web Pages, so up to date scores, results attendances will have to be searched on social media. Not a pretty site. Gates will plummet, and yesterday’s crowd of 130 will look great, in fact it will be try and spot the spectator! The new Manager does not have a good track record, and changes have been made far too late by idiots who supposedly run this team. 

Hello Mike, agree with all that and have thought already that I’m going to have to make a Twatter account and follow a load of teams just to get updates (unless of course I get the chance to actually go to a game - stranger things have happened).  The average gates on the CCL are tiny and agree on the management change, I’m not doing cartwheels about this at any stretch. 

I’ve pondered this before, lower league, lower league fees, less prestige, lower ground standards - is there more in store for IF?  Would T&M get moved into a smaller area of the site or even groundsharing at minimal cost with another low league team?  It all looks very iffy.  The bottom of this table looks proper ropey too, could be even more so by this time tomorrow : 0

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (19/2/2023 11:17 pm)

20/2/2023 7:56 am  #194

Surely an ABSOLUTE must win game tonight ? Make us proud again TOOTS !!!!

21/2/2023 4:50 am  #195

Well a draws a draw last night against a potential relegation candidate, but to state the obvious, remaining matches for this campaign are running out , fast !

22/2/2023 5:42 am  #196

With Guernsey pulling clear and Toots having games in hand on the relegation battle clubs, it’s absolute three pointers from now on as indicated in other threads. No reliance on other clubs losing. 100 % focus required at all levels.

22/2/2023 7:58 am  #197

With Guernsey pulling clear and Toots having games in hand on the relegation battle clubs, it’s absolute three pointers from now on as indicated in other threads. No reliance on other clubs losing. 100 % focus required at all levels.

Last night……talk about tight.  For the most part the safety net looked very changeable - SCR, Bedfont and Guernsey all on 24 points.  Then - a 90 min goal for a Guernsey win and a 90 min equaliser for Bedfont!  There seems to be a load of games going down to the wire, and odd wins for those at the bottom against higher up teams, a proper unpredictable situation : /

22/2/2023 6:40 pm  #198

Hello BTB
As pointed out previously the battle to  miss the relegation places is this  dreadful and pathetic level of football is between the 5 dregs currently at the bottom of the league. The other 4 clubs are not going to sit back and let it happen to them as proven in the last few games, where they have battled just as hard as Tooting. Guernsey seems the most likely to escape the embarrassment of the relegation battle, leaving just 4 teams to for the two automatic relegation spots and the 2 relegation play-off places
All the remaining fixtures in the league will throw up some surprising results. The league is so bad, even the bottom teams realise they can beat or draw with the top teams!

22/2/2023 10:15 pm  #199

Mikem wrote:

Hello BTB
As pointed out previously the battle to  miss the relegation places is this  dreadful and pathetic level of football is between the 5 dregs currently at the bottom of the league.

Evening Mike,

It’s wobbly Bernie here, tested positive for Covid after experiencing severe shakes and teeth chattering the other night - and I thought that’s because I’d avoided the Kestrel Super and Scrumpy Jack combo for too long.  Anyway, yes - it’s a god awful league.  A desperate place.  I sometimes wonder why I get so interested in potential relegation seeing as the places to visit, perceived panache and sense of pride is about the same in the South Central as it is in the CCL.

We’re in the depths already.  Even a few years ago the Ryman North was seen as a god awful desolate league while the Ryman South was seen as quite respectable, and with a bit of interest.  I ended up going to some Ryman North games and chatting with fans and club officials there.  It was all confirmed, people were saying “this is a terrible league, it’s really grim” and it seemed bad for someone looking in, but it’s been this way for T&M for a good while now.  It’s all proper gone to sh1t and the only way this will ever be fixed is to go upwards.  No chance of that this season and even if we stay in the Istmoan I can’t even see any momentum next season either.

I might have been a bit coarse in Stan’s thread about the rhyming of the management team but I couldn’t help but see it.  Was it Barca in the early nineties who had kits running around sponsored by Durex?  That should be us, seeing as we’re screwed

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (22/2/2023 10:22 pm)

23/2/2023 10:04 am  #200

Hello Bernie,

Thanks for great and humorous response to my message. Sorry to  read you have the dreaded covid infection, I always get the shivers and shakes when reading about anything about Tooting both on and off the pitch. I recommend “Woods Navy Rum” for medicinal purposes, whilst waiting to get back on your normal alcoholic intake.

Your messages are always entertaining, don’t worry about being coarse, very tame to  those  long standing supporters either gone forever, or just hanging on by the finger tips. Get well soon, take it easy, but unfortunately you have to keep taking the ill-fated drug which is Tooting and Mitcham United football team, which does not help matters.

Since 2000, the football team which was built to fail. 

Board footera