“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/2/2023 11:36 am  #201

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Cheers Mike, I wouldn’t have gone so far to say I’m entertaining (!), must be the way I moan about things.

The first nail in the coffin was deffo the creation of the abysmal SC league.  The old South league was good.  I do recall one season speculation about us ending up in the North league because of the amount of Kent and Sussex clubs on the go - I suppose the distances on the SC aren’t as far but it’s still not great. 

Like many others are saying the big master plan seems to be on track, pretty hard to look forward at the moment and thinking of before is just upsetting.  A lose-lose all round.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

25/2/2023 5:01 pm  #202

A last gasp equaliser, but a draw perhaps is not enough !!! Will wait to hear the match report !

25/2/2023 5:23 pm  #203

All too little too late left it too late to bring in new blood Bosah should have gone an age ago its all been left too late carrot crunchers here we come.

28/2/2023 3:12 am  #204

Definite THREE POINTS tonight against hi flying Walton & Horsham will really cement the recovery of Toots , not impossible with recent changes and new players etc!!!!! 

28/2/2023 5:54 am  #205

Merstham winning last night didn't help, though they had 'tooting hero Jordan Wilson sent off.  We need points tonight to stop the curtain on our club closing to a chink.

28/2/2023 8:07 am  #206

Crikey forgot about last nights Merstham game and essential win for them!!! Even more need for Toots to get a winning result, no pressure then !!!!?

01/3/2023 12:28 am  #207

Sounds like a spirited Toots performance last night but I cannot bring myself to look at the league table position that we are firmly anchored in ! It hurts !

01/3/2023 1:42 am  #208

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Sounds like a spirited Toots performance last night but I cannot bring myself to look at the league table position that we are firmly anchored in ! It hurts !

It hurts me Mr. Steptoe, it hurts me to say that despite four years of basically doing things for a bet, Ashley is still here.  What a bloody clown.  Anyone else in his job would have been given their marching orders long ago.

With so much going wrong in the world at least can’t we fight this corner?  Seemingly not.  I’m very tired of it all right now

03/3/2023 10:25 am  #209

Surely tomorrows game at home to Southall is the last chance saloon  for Toots to have any chance of  not falling into the abyss of relegation ?

03/3/2023 12:33 pm  #210

We are ten points from safety with ten games remaining.  Losing tomorrow will probably leave us only getting to the relegation play offs at the best so long as our relegation rivals results go our way.

04/3/2023 7:34 pm  #211

I hate to post this but it feels after todays loss, “the end is nigh” !

04/3/2023 8:12 pm  #212

Beating Hanworth and Westfield (being incredibly ambitious...) would at least keep the SCR game meaningful. If other results went our way. Nope. You are right. The end is nigh....

05/3/2023 4:01 am  #213

Well Andy P this should not be too hard for Toots , should it ?

05/3/2023 9:21 am  #214

Andy P wrote:

Beating Hanworth and Westfield (being incredibly ambitious...) would at least keep the SCR game meaningful. If other results went our way. Nope. You are right. The end is nigh....

Hamworth will be tough as they are promotion play off hopefulls and Westfield now have ex Tooting and prolific goal scorer Jake Baxter leading the line.

But we desperately need the points to reach the relegation play offs to escape oblivion.

08/3/2023 1:36 pm  #215

Well the fall out of this clubs demise will surely be immense when it now seems inevitable that relegation will happen this season.Of course  many will say the damage for the many reasons already noted on this forum has finally taken its toll, but for some of the “Tin hat brigade” which I class myself, it brings much sadness, and a end of an era. And for the history books , a period of this clubs history which will not read well for the  future supporters if any, that will learn about this in years to come!

09/3/2023 6:12 am  #216

And Merstham pull further away as their recovery and will to survive gave them a win last night.

09/3/2023 3:41 pm  #217

What Toots and its remaining supporters would give to copy and better Mersthams efforts and determination to avoid relegation. I fear for the future as many do for this club and whilst I think of it, the future discussions on this forum as the club sinks !

10/3/2023 12:46 am  #218

evthedog wrote:

And Merstham pull further away as their recovery and will to survive gave them a win last night.

I hadn’t even realised that - after Tuesday I couldn’t be asked to look at the league.  As regulars on here know I’m normally a right one for looking at the table and wondering how the numbers go but I had it burnt out of me on Tuesday night.  Despite what’s happened there’s a (admittedly shrinking) hard core of loyal fans, loyalty like you wouldn’t believe.  That’s how horrible this club is, despite knowing there’s fans who’ve made this a big part of who they are, the club management/ownership still don’t give a second thought to putting the boot in.  Disgusting.

And like I’ve said before, to me a community club is something that gives to the local area with increased footfall and interest, not to the benefit of a small number of people whose costs are covered by various schemes.  It’s all wrong.

11/3/2023 3:59 pm  #219

Sadly Toots is two nil down at half time ! Any fire in the  teams belly now seems to have been extinguished, another unpleasant viewing as this afternoons scores in the league roll in !

11/3/2023 4:31 pm  #220

Thanks for cheering me up!  I wasn't going to look at the score until full time but you forced my hand.

It looks like SCR and Merstham are fighting hard for survival.

11/3/2023 4:58 pm  #221

So sorry evthedog. Like many supporters  I expect , the depression that this situation Toots is in is such a downer and if only matters pertaining to this club had of been different sometime ago.

11/3/2023 5:29 pm  #222

Sorry but i think you should all except the inevitable and stop stressing we are going down the master plan has worked  Adkins will now move on to phase 2 which will probably be putting the now junior club Tooting on the back pitch and working out what he will do with the rest of the facility sorry guys but wake uo this is now reality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/3/2023 5:52 pm  #223

Dan, you never fail to lift my spirits with your positive outlook🤪 But sadly this 💩of a club is going to be flushed into the Combined Counties sewage farm.

Where’s your mate Joey Boy with some positive spin to cheer us all up?

11/3/2023 6:23 pm  #224

Joey boy is long gone ev if he ever existed which i doubt

11/3/2023 7:48 pm  #225

evthedog wrote:

Dan, you never fail to lift my spirits with your positive outlook🤪 But sadly this 💩of a club is going to be flushed into the Combined Counties sewage farm.

Where’s your mate Joey Boy with some positive spin to cheer us all up?

I think we’ve reached the point where everyone can see what’s going on and is in agreement now.  It’s taken being cemented to the bottom of the table but it’s where we are…..

Board footera