“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/4/2022 7:33 am  #1

Simply the Best

Today Chris Wooley and Steve Adkins have put in place the last piece of the jigsaw needed to achieve The Vision of The Hub.

So next season Tooting & Mitcham United will be Simply the Best semi-professional football club in the land. One built on sound foundations of good practise in all matters.

For those with short memories, below is what Chris Wooley told everyone on 2nd June 2005:- 

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

01/4/2022 6:17 pm  #2

Re: Simply the Best

NIRVANA!🙌

01/4/2022 9:34 pm  #3

Re: Simply the Best

Bearing in mind the date, when I saw the thread title I expected an announcement that Chris Eubank was replacing Ashley 'if we get relegated you'll get a nice flat on my new development*' Bosah - mind you part of that sentence might actually be true.

* - a nice penthouse with a view of the River Wandle and where the 118 buses turn round the corner

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

Board footera