“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/6/2022 3:48 pm  #1

Danny Twin ex Toot Passed away

Dont know how many of you will remember Danny Twin Who has sadly passed away at the very young age of 41
Danny played for toots around 2005 in the same team as players like John Hastings Vernon Francis and Scott Kinch
how many of you supporters remember this player.

07/6/2022 5:01 pm  #2

Re: Danny Twin ex Toot Passed away

So sorry to hear that.
I hope an obituary will be posted on the Web site and first programme of the season.
RIP Danny.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

07/6/2022 6:03 pm  #3

Very sad Dan.  He was a part of a good team.

08/6/2022 11:42 am  #4

From Ian B:

Great central defender with a powerful shot.  Joined from Dulwich at the start of 2003/04 and left at the end of 2005/06.  Made 92 appearances with 17 more on the bench.  Scored 19 goals including a hat trick against Corinthian Casuals in May 2004.  My condolences to his family. Nice man and superb player.

Ian Bullock - Club Historian

Last edited by endofthelane (08/6/2022 11:42 am)

08/6/2022 1:54 pm  #5

So sad to read an ex-player passing away at such a young age. I remember him well, he was part of a team of  players who were instrumental in the transition of forming Billy and George's successful era, and the last  real success the Terrors achieved anything over a number of years. 

RIP Danny, and and my heart felt condolences to  his friends and family in what will be a difficult time for them.

09/6/2022 6:25 am  #6

Thanks for the info re Danny Twin remember he was a no nonsense central defender and that side he was in was a good one John Hastings was lethal in front of goal and do any of you remember the partnership he formed later with Gavin Grant there were not many teams that could stop those two scoring.

23/6/2022 12:48 pm  #7

Has anyone got an old Tooting shirt that they could loan to Danny's wife next week.  I think she wants to create some sort of display with shirts from all the teams Danny played for.

Board footera