“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/6/2022 8:10 pm  #1

Any news on in's and out's?

Appreciate it is probably protected under the Tooting Official Secrets Act, but any news on players joining or leaving so far? (Confirmed coming or going)

Desperately hoping Mark W has a change of heart and stays....

23/6/2022 2:50 pm  #2

Re: Any news on in's and out's?

With local teams like Merstham, Carshalton and Dorking announcing squad changes, the silence and mysterious nature of Tooting and Mitcham shows they really mean business this season. 
I am expecting 16 seasoned senior players bursting to win us promotion.
Is anyone else excited?
I read recently that Warren wants to make the supporters proud. I honestly can't wait and I think I am going to burst myself with excitement.

23/6/2022 3:34 pm  #3

You are wrong Gary.  I heard from a drunk being sick in the gutter that it will be a 20 player squad with an average age of 29 backed up by a £5000 per game budget.

23/6/2022 4:41 pm  #4

Sounds great Ev . Are there still season tickets available?
I have to apologise to everyone.  My last post was " Fake News ". I am not bursting with exciting and it is in fact wind. Note to self... its not big or clever to eat all the doughnuts when Mrs W has been shopping.

Last edited by Gary Walker (23/6/2022 4:56 pm)

23/6/2022 5:46 pm  #5

Great ev i laughed my socks off. Intruth what do we expect  you would get more information out of the FBI
Nick shaw apperently told Dave Irons some weeks ago that and i quote ( we are looking at 5 or six players )
Well dont expect too much folks i cant see it being any differant from last season but i will look out for that drunk ev he just might have some more info you never know haha.

23/6/2022 7:04 pm  #6

Yeah Dan.  5 or 6 players that the more ambitious clubs passed over who will need somewhere to go until something better turns up.  Then they'll bugger off.

24/6/2022 11:34 am  #7

Sadly Ev playing for Tooting is no longer a honour for Non-League players.  Infact while Merton Council pats themselves on the back no ambitious seasoned player wants to play for us. I see Billy Crook who started his career at Tooting has chosen Cray Wanderers over us for his final playing days.
I don't think we will ever see loyalty like Dean Hamlin showed again.

Last edited by Gary Walker (24/6/2022 3:26 pm)

24/6/2022 7:06 pm  #8

Don't worry Gary, the youth will see us to victory after victory!

"What we are saying, is give youth a chance"  as John Lennon sang.

24/6/2022 7:28 pm  #9

Wasn't it "give peace a chance" ? I wish the current regime would peace off!

The beginning of this video reminds me of Members Clubs meetings I have attended 😆
https://youtu.be/C3_0GqPvr4U

I have had my fun. I will let everyone enjoy this nonsense in peace ✌️

Last edited by Gary Walker (24/6/2022 7:30 pm)

25/6/2022 12:12 am  #10

I have never listened to that song from beginning to end. It was long before my time and raggee is my choice of music.
I have to say I couldn't help think of the poor people of Ukraine. I think all media stations should play this song after every report on Ukraine.
Have a great summer people and enjoy the football this Autumn and winter. I will be egg chasing.  This makes me happier.

"All we are saying,  is give peace a chance! " 🙏🙏💛💙💛💙

Last edited by Gary Walker (25/6/2022 12:20 am)

25/6/2022 12:35 pm  #11

Gary Walker wrote:

Wasn't it "give peace a chance" ?

That was the version that was released Gary.  The first version, not released, had yoof instead of peace.

John Lennon was a visionary and foresaw that Istmian football squads would have an average age if 19 by 2025.

I just off out to get my meds 😲

28/6/2022 9:14 am  #12

Hi Gary,
I hope you have a great summer to and you can recharge your batteries.  At least the hippy dream world of the members club will keep us going. Not sure about your egg chasing, what’s the difference between your beloved game and the humiliation you watch at Imperial fields, both I think are using the same shape ball!  So you’ll be at home whomever you watch! At least there’ll be a new pitch to play on for the K’s to make their assault on Conference South.

28/6/2022 9:48 am  #13

TERRORS SIGN 'KEEPER JAMES SHAW.

Tooting & Mitcham United is very happy to announce the return of @BigShaw1 ⚫️⚪️

After a successful season with the Terrors, James went on to play for Tonbridge Angels and Barking. Everyone at the club is excited to have him back at Imperial Fields.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

28/6/2022 9:58 am  #14

First Team manager, Ashley Bosah, is very happy to welcome back Nathan Daly & Cory Walters-Wright for the upcoming season

28/6/2022 10:58 am  #15

DeePee wrote:

TERRORS SIGN 'KEEPER JAMES SHAW.

Tooting & Mitcham United is very happy to announce the return of @BigShaw1 ⚫️⚪️

After a successful season with the Terrors, James went on to play for Tonbridge Angels and Barking. Everyone at the club is excited to have him back at Imperial Fields.

I think getting James back is a good move. Last years keeper wasn't very good. I thought it was harsh to get rid of him the first time before I watched Gary Ross play.  In my opinion Ross should be playing Conference football.  James is a lovely bloke and is a welcome addition to the club. I see Wright and Daly have returned.  Is that it ? I saw some lads running around in so called first team training.  Maybe these three can take turns to baby sit.
Mike thanks for your message mate. Yes he does have us by the ball's mate.
Will these 3 be enough for senior fans to return? Of course not......

Last edited by Gary Walker (28/6/2022 10:59 am)

28/6/2022 1:02 pm  #16

Dembele is a Terror! ⚫️⚪️

First Team manager Ashley Bosah is very excited to welcome @antoniodembele to the club.

The exciting forward has previously played for Bracknell Town, Thatcham Towm & Harrow Borough ⚽️

28/6/2022 3:39 pm  #17

At last a bit of news from the secret society that is Tooting & Mitcham although it is good news.

28/6/2022 9:35 pm  #18

Two more bricks in the Wandle Wall!

Nikolai Krokhin and Joseph Joesph commit for the 22/23 season. Both young centre halves showed great promise last season.

29/6/2022 11:51 am  #19

Jallow joins Tooting & Mitcham United!

Nineteen year old, Momodou Jallow, commits to the Terrrors for the upcoming season. Momodou was previously at Boreham Wood FC, with loan spells at Hendon & Chalfont. ⚫️⚪️

29/6/2022 1:30 pm  #20

Premier League here we come!

29/6/2022 1:34 pm  #21

Dion Macfoy Johnston returns!

Dion signed for Tooting & Mitcham at the end of last season, after returning from studying in the US.
Having previously been a key member of the clubs successful development squad ⚫️⚪️

29/6/2022 10:38 pm  #22

Tooting Treble ⚫️⚪️ 

Pedro Moco returns after a successful spell at Fisher, Malachi Cole rejoins and Morgan Campbell commits! 

All three players made appearances for the First Team last season and are looking to continue contributing to the Terrors

30/6/2022 4:09 pm  #23

New signing Eddie M’Bango stays in black and white! ⚫️⚪️

Having previously graduated from Tooting & Mitcham’s successful academy programme, Eddie played for previous tenants Tooting Bec. A forward with a great eye for goal ⚽️

30/6/2022 4:38 pm  #24

Liked watching Eddie at Tooting Bec.  Glad he's been given a chance!

30/6/2022 7:06 pm  #25

Wonder if we can break the 50-60 player turnover of last season?

Board footera