“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/7/2022 8:55 am  #1

A diabolical liberty

Morning all,

Growing up in the 70's and 80's watching The Sweeney and Minder were two particular highlights. The phrase 'You are taking a diabolical liberty, my son' always made me chuckle.

£10 for a home friendly? (Hendon and Ks) - a diabolical liberty indeed...

Yeah, yeah but we are playing 'higher leage opposition' - Yep, Colliers Wood are charging a fiver today and RPV charged £3 v Ks.

Yeah, yeah but we are playing on grass. Indeed - please refer to the two previous examples.

In times of economic depression, high inflation, stupid prices and awful football....no thanks. If the money was going towards getting in some new decent first team players I would get it, but.....

23/7/2022 12:33 pm  #2

Re: A diabolical liberty

Hi Andy I know you are fairly new to Imperial Fields but unfortunatly thats about par for the course with our owner. Dont be too hard on him though hes probably down to his last few million.

23/7/2022 7:37 pm  #3

Did anyone go to CW today? How was the game?
Went to see Ks first game at T&M - lost 3-0 in front of about 65 people to Hayes and Yeading.
Saw South Park, the pub team from Reigate, have now scored 22 goals in their last 4 friendlies. Mind boggling.

24/7/2022 12:33 pm  #4

Hi Andy,
Colliers Wood twitter a draw 1-1
According to  the K's website they announced attendance as 171....a mystery?
Just a thought South Park beat Colliers Wood last week 6-0

24/7/2022 12:54 pm  #5

Mikem - Can only think that 171 includes season ticket holders - albeit would they do that for a friendly?
Was literally like a ghost town at IF. Maybe 30-40 in the main stand and handfuls at one end. 5 or 6 of us along the side.
Saw Nikolai scored again which is a bit of good news - albeit still looking for an illuisve pre-season win with Hendon and Ks to go. Sadly unlikely I would imagine.

24/7/2022 3:44 pm  #6

And Andy you will pay £10 for the privalige what a diabolical liberty!!!!!!!!

24/7/2022 6:57 pm  #7

Daniel - Ks was a "mere" £8 - TMUFC charge more for a friendly than their tenants - must be that huge wage bill for the first team superstars....

Being slightly more serious, I think a fiver is enough for a friendly with multiple player changes - £10-12 for a league match - yep, I get it...

(Ks admission prices were cheaper than Casuals when they played there last season. Ks can also manage to knock out a polo shirt with a decent badge for about £12 rather than the stupid £34 TM want. For 'replica' shirts which are probably made as they are needed, I get them being more expensive - but a polo with a badge sown on...?)

Last edited by Andy P (24/7/2022 6:59 pm)

25/7/2022 10:39 am  #8

Hi Andy P,

Did you notice Isaiah Jones was playing the K's last saturday? 

Board footera