“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/8/2022 5:16 pm  #1

Cautious optimism?

Pretty good performance today and great to get a 3-0 win in the first competitive game. Shamal had a great game. Defence looked solid and the keeper might as well have brought a deckchair, a pint of diet coke and an airport novel. Cobham, to be fair, were absolutely hopeless. 

Also good for Enoch to get on the score sheet. Although Shamal was clear MOTM for me, I thought Ayman, as well as the goal, had a great attitude and chased everything.

A magic wand? Certainly not. Everything solved? Certainly not - but a decent start.

06/8/2022 7:20 pm  #2

Re: Cautious optimism?

Good to get a report Andy thank you. Good result but as you say mate ( cautious optimism ) cobham were a team a step below us the win would in most years be expected but never the less a well done is called for lets hope we can carry it over to league games that is what will really give us a clue as to where we might go this season.

07/8/2022 9:29 am  #3

Daniel - Absolutely agree - the real business end starts Saturday. Be interesting to see where we are after a few league matches. No Daly yesterday - not sure why.

A friend of mine said Leatherhead have signed Elliot Buchanan - would be a huge and very positive signing at our level - proven goalscorer in the league above.

07/8/2022 9:48 am  #4

Andy P, thanks for your report, I just could not bring myself to  to  go to  Cobham game after the E&B disaster last year and the shambles of a season. Over many years my  highlight of the season would be our entry into the FA Cup. 

After this rip roaring victory, perhaps we now can see Tooting walk this disastrous South Central League!

Last edited by Mikem (07/8/2022 9:49 am)

07/8/2022 10:44 am  #5

Mike M - I think it is really important to emphasise how bad Cobham,were. Not taking anything away from the victory at all (can only beat what is put in front of you) but we know there will be much sterner tests ahead. The new forward Eddie did a lot of running and chasing too but Shamal, again, was a class act. The problem is with us, when someone is a 'class act' you can't help getting that impending sense of doom when you see a one way ticket to somewhere sticking out of their wallet.

07/8/2022 11:07 am  #6

Andy P wrote:

I think it is really important to emphasise how bad Cobham,were

He he he.  A 3-0 win, bet a load of people had their hankies out : )

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

07/8/2022 1:57 pm  #7

What a stupid remark: -

“He he he.  A 3-0 win, bet a load of people had their hankies out : “

07/8/2022 6:21 pm  #8

Mikem wrote:

What a stupid remark: -

“He he he.  A 3-0 win, bet a load of people had their hankies out : “

Quite right, it was an away fixture so I should have put 0-3 really

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts