“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/8/2022 1:54 pm  #1

DONTAI STEWERT

Did anybody know that Dontai had signed for Hertford Town played Colney Heath in the FA cup last night and scored a hat trick in a 6-1 win.one of our better players who probably thought he wasnt wanted by our knowlegable manager.

10/8/2022 7:43 pm  #2

Re: DONTAI STEWERT

Also noticed that Josh Shattell has signed on a scholarship at Derby County FC.

Apparently Josh had been with the club since he started with the Kickers, went through the Youth set-up and U23's and got involved with the 1st team too (although I don't ever remember him making any appearances (Goalkeeper).

Another lad nurtured by the club and then moved on (by an agent?) without seeing any proper service with the club.

Good luck to the lad but how much did it cost the club to get him this far? ..... and undoubtedly as he's gone for a scholarship Tooting will get nothing back for all the effort.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

11/8/2022 6:31 am  #3

You are perfectly correct Dee Pee.I say good luck to the lad too its great for him but this is where this model that the owner created is seriously flawed after all Tooting &Mitcham is supposed to be a football club not a charity or indeed a vehicle for agents to make money out of.What do Tooting as a club get out of this ?

11/8/2022 9:51 am  #4

Absolutely fabulous to see someone moving on to a pro club, but as you say the nurturing comes at a cost. It is fantastic an opportunity has been created for him and others to join the pro-ranks (not much different from players moving up pro leagues or to big clubs as their careers develop, but.....they usually involve big transfer fees....)

11/8/2022 5:09 pm  #5

Didn't know till last night that Dontai Stewart had moved on. I don't know if featuring in the Sky Docu will help or hinder him in getting a pro contract somewhere. He was hardly a success with us, and moving to Hertford Town surely cannot be considered an upward move.

Board footera