“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/9/2022 2:10 pm  #1

Billy Brown signs for Fisher

Been asked to put this post on the forum by Dave Irons as he has no access to the internet.

Just heard our 2nd best player from last season has gone back to Fisher,and can you blame him,played on the wrong side of the pitch for half his games,taken off when playing well,left on the bench far too long
( one match came on for the last 15 minutes and within a minute rattled the bar from outside the area )
so like most other decent players we have had has decided to jump a sinking ship.

We are out of the 2 national cups costing a couple of of grand to the owner,and already close to being in a relegation battle,crows are dropping of drastically, and the bar is nearly empty after a game when in the past you had to queue
up for a beer.
We have a proud tradition going back before i started watching in the 60s players would see it as an honour to play for tooting now they cant get away quick enough.
Id like to be proved wrong at Southall tomorrow then all of you that disagree with me can slate me off on this forum or better still say it to me when you see me next.  ( Dave Irons )

16/9/2022 3:05 pm  #2

Re: Billy Brown signs for Fisher

I think Dave is spot on.

Didnt go Tuesday as I was working, but wont be going Saturday as Southall is a ball ache to get to, and to be perfectly honest I cant be arsed!

I was really hopeful that our victory over Guernsey would be the start of a good run of results for the first team, but it seems under the current manager we take one step forward, and then two back.

The rumour had it earlier in the season that Billy had personal issues outside of football that meant he couldnt play. Well that hasnt stopped him joining Fisher, has it?

Billy was a cut above all the other players. The best we had since Daryl Coleman left. Rarely utilised by our inept manager, but when he did play was often the best player on the pitch. Really, really gutted he has gone, but then why would he stay?

Meanwhile, much is made of the great results being achieved by the youth team in their FA Cup fixtures. And look at their crowd! Treble the first teams pathetic turnout. Mr Adkins, this goes to show you what attendances can be achieved when you have a team that is succesful.

For gods sake Mr Chairman, do the right thing and demote Ashley to the U23's and below, bring in an experienced Manager at our level, and give them a budget to work with. Otherwise you might as well sell the ground now, and move us on to Poulters Park, because your gate receipts in a few months time wont be enough to run a tap, let alone a non league football team.

16/9/2022 3:37 pm  #3

Well said Darren trouble is they say Steve Adkins doesant look at the forum and does he really care

17/9/2022 9:17 am  #4

Not surprised by Billy leaving. I have been saying for the last 2 years that Ashley is out of his depth as manager. He is a good coach, but good coaches never made good managers.

17/9/2022 11:54 am  #5

Sorry Geoff i think your being kind to Ashley i dont think hes that good a coach and i certainly think he is not that good of a judge of a player or he would have realised what a good wholehearted player Billy was as Dave Irons said didnt use him enough,played him out of position,and hooked him off when he was very often the best player on the pitch.I} have seen some good coaches come and go at Tooting and Ashley Bosah aint one of them.

17/9/2022 3:51 pm  #6

Danny, did you ever get my PM’S

17/9/2022 7:48 pm  #7

Geoff sent you a pm

18/9/2022 12:43 pm  #8

I think Billy was a bit of a talisman on occasions. The fans loved him and he always gave the proverbial 100%. Funnily enough, for me, he almost seemed to do better when he came on as a sub. Supposedly he was having a rest from football for a while. Came from Fisher so kind of get why he'd go back there...but I'd have him back in a heartbeat. 

Board footera