“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/9/2022 6:51 pm  #1

Roy Agar

Had a bit of contact with the son of Roy Agar today. Sadly he told me that Roy passed away in 2020.

Roy was a bit before my time but was quite a character by all accounts.

28/9/2022 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Roy Agar

I Remember Roy well diminutive l inside forward who worked his guts out on the pitch, ut was also a very cultured player. He played for England amateurs, as well as making Swindon Towns first team. So sad another of our great heroes and characters has passed away.
EOF    How did you meet his son?

29/9/2022 8:30 am  #3

I didn't actually meet him.  I occasionally put up some historic pictures or stories on my Twitter and sometimes I get responses from old players or families etc.  In this case I put up a message about the day the floodlights were first switched on when we beat Arsenal 4-1 - and Roy scored twice.

I have spoken to families of Ray Secker, Ron Howell, George Edwards and a couple of others this way in the past.  

Last edited by endofthelane (29/9/2022 11:41 am)

29/9/2022 11:38 am  #4

Remember the night of that Arsenal game well cant remember the goals but there was quite a big crowd and it was very exciting to beat Arsenal i was there with my dad great memory.

29/9/2022 11:42 am  #5

This came from Ian Bullock: Roy Agar I remember him well - fantastic forward and England Amateur International whilst with us. Great character and a good lad who used to speak to the crowd during the games. Got to know him well in his visits to Imperial Fields with Colin Norcott and Ian Wigham.

Last edited by endofthelane (29/9/2022 11:43 am)

Board footera