“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2022 7:34 pm  #1

Staunch supporter Stafan sends a heartfelt message

Stefan who does not use social media, requested I post this message on his behalf. Stefan is a “Die Hard” supporter of many years.

I was there yesterday, and I would agree with Dan.  Tooting play was boring and without skill, flair, or imagination, and with only one striker up front what does that say about our current team.  It has come to the point that I am now questioning myself as a season ticket holder, why do I subject myself to this pain and suffering, watching my team play pathetic football when our manager Ashley Bosah can’t raise his voice in frustration seeing his team collapse, time and time again, with his arms folded, just watching and saying nothing. Does he not know how the team supporters on the terraces are thinking? Can he not tell that they are fed up watching a team who can’t put a ball between two sticks?  Who can’t shoot, pass, or have the courage to do something
different? Quite frankly they are just not good enough for this league and nor is their manager.

He should do the decent thing and resign because he takes sole responsibility for the team he puts in, week in and week out. And if you’re continually failing, why should any self-respecting person tolerate such losses as we have experienced this season. If I was an employer, why would I put up with somebody who is not fulfilling their position and doing what is expected of them.
Enough is enough, let’s get real here. If you keep doing the same thing, you are going to get the same result and that’s what our manager is doing.

Hoping anybody new is going to make the difference. However, we know that unless you eat and sleep the business, that will work in time. However, when your just
chucking players in without doing due research, hoping that a miracle will take place, well, forget it. It will not happen. But we know that you have to look further up, to see the real problems why it’s going horribly wrong on the football pitch.  I don’t have to preach to the converted, but the converted like me will not hang around, true supporters or not, to see this type of football played unless change happens and fast because we are going down and that unfortunately, is the reality of life, when you take the finger off the button, and stick your head in the sand thinking it will be alright in the end.  Well, the end is coming soon and if you don’t see me on the terraces, it’s because I’ve had enough, and will find better things to do on a Saturday afternoon.   

Stefan       

17/10/2022 12:39 pm  #2

Re: Staunch supporter Stafan sends a heartfelt message

Stefans post sums it all up really here you have a self confessed DIE HARD supporter of long standing saying enough is enough and he will find better things to do with his saturdays.
Well adkins are you looking at this forum because you damn well should be you as the owner should be ashamed of yourself,and as for you Ashley Bosah if you had any backbone and self respect you would be offering your resignation but it seems you are content to hide behind adkins.
It seems you will both be happy when this once great club is consigned to the barren wasteland of the combined counties, and once there i think we would struggle to even stay in that.
Show some guts and integrity Bosah and quit your a joke !!!!!!!!!!!

17/10/2022 4:49 pm  #3

Hi Dan, it doesn't matter if Bosah stays or goes, even if he's clearly not up to the job, and the players are not even up to the standard required at this pathetic level of Football. Bosah has been used by guess who, to rationalise the financial structure of the first team. 

What idiot or bone head would sign up to becoming the manager of this shamble of a football hub which has failed beyond belief when the football team was handed over on a silver platter to the new owner without any caveats for the football team!. What a Bunch of Morons, and they were warned what would happen, until there is a new structure the "Status Quo" will not change.  How could it have come to this sad end?

RIP Tooting and Mitcham United Football Club!

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (17/10/2022 4:51 pm)

17/10/2022 6:54 pm  #4

Hi Mike of course your right with everything you say, the bit i cant get my head around is the fact that Bosah seems to have no shame and no professional integrity, im not better than anybody else but i would like to think that with his record so far i would have the backbone at least for my own pride to call it a day.

17/10/2022 7:09 pm  #5

Stefan - You are absolutely right. Ashley is literally like a cardboard cutout hiding in the dugout. There doesn't seem to be a plan A let alone a B or C when things aren't working.

Think of someone like Hadyn Bird. Yelling, screaming and encouraging non-stop. Up and down the touchline and showing proper passion.

Do I think he's the best manager ever? Of course not. Would I have him at TMUFC? In a heartbeat.

17/10/2022 7:39 pm  #6

While we are all having a go at Ashley Bosah why dont he come on here and defend his corner.
Come on Ashley we would love to here your opinion of the way things are going or if Ashley doesant want to is there anyone else out there that would like to defend his position ?

18/10/2022 5:42 pm  #7

Hi all
As you probably know, until I saw the light and moved away from the dregs of Croydon to the country (one of the best things we've ever done) I was a Director of T&MUFC Members Ltd aka "the Members Club" and obviously considered to be a part of the club's establishment. I attended many "board" meetings and was always frustrated by the attitude of certain other persons involved in these meetings, the hype and enthusiasm for the way the club was being run being one particular bugbear of mine.

Don't get me wrong but I was originally honoured to be asked to serve the "Members" and the football club in general but towards the end I was pleased to be able to walk away. I thoroughly enjoyed being the programme editor for 5 years or so and also had good times working with Ian Bullock (a really great, knowledgeable nice man) on producing 2 great books (both of which sold out and injected some good money into the "Members" funds), and for a couple of years I also assisted Keith Kelly in a small way with the Boardroom hospitality, Keith being the ultimate unsung hero of the backroom volunteers.

However, now domiciled from afar and being aware of what went on to a certain degree behind the scenes I can only concurr with those of you that can see where the football club is headed i.e. down the toilet and round the U bend !!

Ashley is a really nice bloke, as was Cornelius before him, but the time has now come for a radical shake up of the whole organisation from the top down.

Far too much emphasis is put upon "the Members Club" to constantly raise funds to keeper the football club's budget at the already meagre level it's currently at. This obviously makes one think that the owner just can't be bothered to divert any more funds from the other money making enterprises within the whole "sports & leisure" empire into the football club. Basically it obviously doesn't matter anymore and unless "the Members" can raise the cash the club will fail and guess who'll be to blame 🤷? Yep, "the Members" and you lot, the day to day fans who obviously can't be arsed to support the club by giving the owner lots of cash donations from your pockets, supporting any money making exercises and events that "the Members" put on and generally coming in through the gate on a Saturday afternoon to watch the dross that's currently being served up.

The owner and "the Members" need to get real, smell the coffee and see where the current system and management of it are going.

Change NOW or all is doomed !!

Right, I'm off to watch a properly run non-league club that's risen from the depths of bankruptcy and despair, (somewhat like Tooting will be soon), to be near the top of their division and playing great football with a properly structured team and management.

Take note T&MU !!@

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

19/10/2022 3:58 pm  #8

Well put DeePee. A very sad situation for this great club and seemingly little hope of there being positive change at the present !

19/10/2022 5:16 pm  #9

DeePee your excellent answer should be on a separate  thread with its own heading.

19/10/2022 5:43 pm  #10

Totally agree Andy Dee Pee sums it all up perfectly and he should know being involved with the members club in fact if truth be told there is probably a lot more he could tell of what goes on behind the scenes in that useless organization but he probably has to be careful what he says.
The bit about the hype and enthusiasm concerning the way the club is run is particurlaly correct because we know how the adkins cheerleaders love to tell everyone how well the youth and the under 23s are doing
when most of us would like to see the first team having at least some success.
Unfortunatly Dee Pee was one more person in a long line of people who tried very hard to do their best for the club but realised eventually they were wasting their time.

Board footera