“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/1/2023 2:11 pm  #1

Merstham v Toots

The excitement is building as I prepare for the arduous journey from Croydon into the depths of depraved Surrey to watch Toots destroy the Moat dwellers of Merstham tomorrow.

It will be my first league match since before the lockdown and I sincerely hope not to be disappointed, unlike the crap friendly last season.

13/1/2023 3:23 pm  #2

Re: Merstham v Toots

Dear old Ev,
I am forever in awe of your astounding optimism.
I for one won't be travelling anywhere as I'm currently nailed to the sofa with a particularly nasty dose of this flu bug that's going around.
But for that I'd be down at Homelands watching Kennington taking on Erith & Belvedere in a top of the table SEC Prem clash.
Good luck Ev.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

13/1/2023 8:18 pm  #3

Hope your better soon Dave

13/1/2023 10:12 pm  #4

DeePee wrote:

Dear old Ev,
I am forever in awe of your astounding optimism.
I for one won't be travelling anywhere as I'm currently nailed to the sofa with a particularly nasty dose of this flu bug that's going around.
But for that I'd be down at Homelands watching Kennington taking on Erith & Belvedere in a top of the table SEC Prem clash.
Good luck Ev.

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear that you've got a dose.  But please do not worry about me as Gary will be there to hold me up.

get well soon

Ev. xxx

14/1/2023 10:48 am  #5

Having worked myself up into an uncontrollable state of excitement over today's match, the plug has been pulled out of my bath of anticipated delight by finding out that the match is postponed due to the Moatside moat overflowing leaving the pitch waterlogged.

Drat..double drat...triple drat!

14/1/2023 11:17 am  #6

Dammit !  I was looking forward to that.

14/1/2023 2:33 pm  #7

Andy Mc wrote:

Dammit !  I was looking forward to that.

Me too as it would have been a right nail-biter, especially as I type this Guernsey are in front against SCR.

Echo other posts on here, hope you get well soon DP.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

16/1/2023 10:09 am  #8

Keep your eyes peeled for a possible rearrangement this week.

16/1/2023 10:52 am  #9

Now being played THIS Wednesday according to the Isthmian website.

16/1/2023 2:01 pm  #10

Hope everybodys up for this one a win is badly needed

16/1/2023 4:35 pm  #11

I was ready to go to the match on Saturday with Gary, but I'm not going to the evening match and getting my bish bosh frozen off.

18/1/2023 2:59 am  #12

evthedog wrote:

I was ready to go to the match on Saturday with Gary, but I'm not going to the evening match and getting my bish bosh frozen off.

Unless a major thawing is on the go I’m not 100% it will get played, the ground is bloody hard and many Isthmian games were called off tonight (or last night even as I’m posting so late). 

Edit:  Seems the job’s a good ‘un, that’ll be an exciting evening with Football Web Pages for company…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (18/1/2023 5:23 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

18/1/2023 6:16 pm  #13

Game off.

Board footera