“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/4/2023 8:26 am  #1

Joint Managers

We've had a joint manager policy for a few years now. Has it ever worked successfully at other clubs?  It brings problems of its own. Who picks the team? Who decides on tactics? Who deals with players in and out? They cannot agree on these issues all the time so there has to be compromise. Compromise, indecision, upset players, favouritism all come into the mix and it surely can't be a good management model for any club. One voice, one opinion, one tactical direction, one person to take the credit or the criticism is the way of football the world over, but not Tooting.

Bosah and Hunt. Who defers to who? I don't know but Hunt seems to have the stronger personality. At Chertsey Hunt was constantly losing his cool with the players, I don't like to see that, strong, calm direction is what players need. Bosah did his usual, arms folded, leaning against the dugout thing, saying nothing.

Hunt has done nothing for his reputation in his time with us, we have not won a single game with him in the dugout and have lost our last seven. He didn't seem to have had much of a record to shout about before he came, most people talk about a certain 10 nil scoreline when his name is mentioned. A Paul Dale recommendation? Cheers for that, Paul. Maybe Hunts football academy link got Adkins attention. Bosah has no football reputation to lose, we all know he is way out of his depth as first team manager and how he has kept his job this last few years is a question that we will probably never know the answer to.

This season cannot end quick enough, it is a slow death. An agony to endure. Maybe better to lose the next couple of games to get it over with, then we can focus on next season. What league will we be playing in? Will we still have these two clowns in charge? Will fans still turn up? The mind boggles.

10/4/2023 10:19 am  #2

Re: Joint Managers

Well put Andy and cannot disagree with any of it just hope the last sentence of your post does not turn out to be true.
What a dreadful thought that these two jokers might be in charge next season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/4/2023 10:26 am  #3

daniel collins wrote:

Well
What a dreadful thought that these two jokers might be in charge next season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not Dan?  Those running the club have no ambition so why change, in the view of those in charge, a “winning team”?

So long as all of the activities peripheral to the football are running smoothly who really cares?

10/4/2023 10:31 am  #4

I spent yesterday helping a neighbour clear out his garage and came across a reel  of piano wire (don't ask). We could use it to string someone up by the bollox from the roof of the main stand. I can't say who that someone is who I've got in mind but his name is an anagram of ' Sid Snake Vet ' or perhaps more appropriately ' A Skids Event '. No more clues to the identity of Wimbledon Village's scruffiest multi millionaire

10/4/2023 10:58 am  #5

Bog End Ultra wrote:

' Sid Snake Vet ' or perhaps more appropriately ' A Skids Event '. No more clues to the identity of Wimbledon Village's scruffiest multi millionaire

That’s fantastic Boggie, managed to make me laugh in this perilous situation : 0

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

10/4/2023 11:05 am  #6

😫😂

10/4/2023 11:28 am  #7

Boggy it would be a most appropriate place for Mr scruffy from wimbledon village to end up HURRAH 

10/4/2023 3:05 pm  #8

Dan, Did you mean creeping Jesus!!!

Board footera