“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/5/2023 9:11 am  #1

Supporters Club End of Season Report

Tooting and Mitcham United Supporters
End of Season Report 2022 – 2023 Season.

This has turned out to be a very disappointing season to say the least. Both on and off the pitch., with TMUFCs relegation confirmed over the Easter period in April. We at the supporters Club have raised various issues at all levels and on various platforms about our worries of the direction the football club was going and the effects on supporter morale. Committee members speaking at both the Meet The Manger forums held at Imperial Fields at the start and the end of the season.
An open letter to the Members club raising concerns about the seasons results was put out in November 2022. Copies were handed out on the Match Day against Uxbridge on 26th November 2022 and online on various online platforms on 27th November. Copies were also handed out to the acting Chairman Tony Cox to other interested parties at Imperial Fields. The reply from the Members Club was put out on various online platforms.
Two committee members, Anthony and Steve Harrold were interviewed by the Non-League Paper and their views printed in the papers 16th April edition. This was reproduced on various online social media platforms.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As with the bad season previously and this season, unfortunately, we have not had the numbers join up to the supporter’s club as we had hoped. Despite good efforts by the Supporters Clubs committee members, we were unable to really boost membership numbers for the 2022 – 2023 season. Enamel Badges were handed out (if required) to members on joining for the season.
At the start of the season Anthony Harrold joined the club committee to help run and set up various social media platforms. We can now be found on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin (links Below). Here we aim to keep fans up to date on events, plans and news that the Supporters Club will undertake in the future. Please follow / like if you can and if possible, share as much of the news as possible. Both existing Twitter and Facebook accounts / pages are getting good feedback however we acknowledge more should be done to build up the club on all forms of social media in the way of posts and news for the Supporters Club.
Twitter: @tamufsc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083395779657
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12798035
At the start of the 2022 – 23 season the running of the match day “Golden Goals” competition was handed to the TM Members Club to organise. Also, along with this, the running of the Club Shop was also handed back to the Members Club. This was done to allow funds raised on match days to go directly to the Members Club.
The Supporters club helped raise £555.00 which was passed on to Oxfam for humanitarian aid after the earthquake in Turkey and Syria. This was arranged by Committee Member Dave Irons and took place on Nov 22nd at the Binfield Home Game. The Supporters Club would like to thank everyone who were able to donate.
There were no end of season awards presented by the supporters club this season as it was agreed buy all the committee members that there was no real point as the season had gone so badly on the pitch and there had been such a high turnover of players in the first team squad. A donation to a Football Charity will be made shortly and will be of the amount usually spent on the trophies each season. This will be announced on social media at a later date.
The “Last Man Standing” competition is still proving to be a success and has allowed the Supporters Club to sponsor players and also take out numbers in the 100 Club draw.

Dates of Committee Meetings:
May Friday 13th 2022
July Friday 22nd 2022
October Friday 28th 2022
March Friday 17th 2023
May Friday 12th 2023
All of which took place in the Crown of Mitcham Public House near Mitcham Junction Station.

Committee Members Official Titles:
Peter Woodhouse: Chairman.
Dave Irons: Membership Coordinator.
Charlie Till: Treasurer.
Steve Harrold: Secretary.
Anthony Harrold: Social Media Coordinator.

15/5/2023 11:51 am  #2

Re: Supporters Club End of Season Report

How could you ever publish a report like this!!!!

Only the charity work deserves a mention. After having the piss taken out of you, and your representation to  the club completely ignored, you then give away two fund raising functions to  the worse than useless Members club. Look where that got the Team, just helped to  get relegated sooner. I can't believe you have gone into  print, your either apologists, naïve or just plain fools take your pick.  

what a shambles.

I would have willingly joined as a supporter next season but not after this unbelievable statement. 

15/5/2023 12:24 pm  #3

Thank you for your feedback Mikem.

15/5/2023 1:02 pm  #4

Always a pleasure Steve. I thought you lot were the only sane beings in the destruction of the football team. When and where was the AGM, did any notices out ,and has the treasurer published the accounts? Did the supporters members give their approval for activities to  be transferred to  Members Club? 

15/5/2023 2:20 pm  #5

I'll happily answer so the the questions raised by Mikem.

We had pencilled in 24th June for our AGM after our committee meeting last Friday.
We are looking at venues and were going to make this public later when we had somewhere sorted out.
There, we will be happy to answer any questions from existing members , although as I said we don't unfortunately have the numbers we used to have. I personally will be happy to speak with anyone (member or not) if they want to have a chat about anything.
We are and always will be separate from the Members club. The running of the Golden Goals was given over to the Members Club to run due to Dave not being as able to get around as much as he could and also due to Geoff Gatt not being able to get to games to help out.
The Supporters Club took over the running of the Club shop a few years ago from the members club as they had no one to do it, we were able to step in and run it for about 5 seasons.
I wanted to take a break from running the shop as it often meant missing most of the game sorting stuff out. Any profits we (The Supporters Club)  made, went towards helping buy Physio or training equipment and of course re stocking merchandise. 

The reason I put the report on here was simple. We have a number of members who visit this forum for information etc, Along with putting it up on other social media platforms we wanted people to know what we got up to last season. Members need to know what we do and what projects / ideas we have. 
This forum is a good way of letting people get updated. 

We are trying to build up numbers in the Supporters Club to hopefully give fans a voice. We are not a protest group and have to work along side people at the club no mater our views on each other. I promise you that I'm not popular amongst them either. 

Cheers.

Steve.

15/5/2023 7:29 pm  #6

message from dave irons.the reason i gave up selling the golden goal tickets was after about 30 odd years of doing it i finally got fed up standing in the cold and rain and they were becoming harder to sell with falling crowds and strangly moving the turnstiles to the far end and also hoping it would stop the members club keep asking the supporters club to sponser these activity.
I thought if they want our money they can work for it themselves also it was getting harder to get a standin
to cover for me if i couldant make a game .geoff gatt used to help but he had to pack it in for personal reasons,
We have for the last 4 seasons been running a last man standing competition that has proved very successful for both the supporters club and about 50%of the individuals that are in it ( we could always accomodate more people ) Harry gave up the shop so he could watch more of the game.Personally i would have rather stayed in the shop than watch what we have seen the last 2 seasons.
So there is no way the supporters club have sold out to the members club and that makes the supporters club blameless for the position the club now finds itself in.

16/5/2023 5:14 am  #7

Mikem your response is uncalled for and completely over the top. The tone and language used is inappropriate in this case. The activities of the supporters club had no bearing on us getting relegated, that was going to happen whatever they did. You now have some answers to your questions.

We have reason to be a little bit more optimistic now with a new management team in place, years late we all know, but it is something to look forward to, so please, no unjustified criticism of other supporters doing their best.

18/5/2023 2:17 pm  #8

Andy, I stand by every word I posted. There is not a problem with the language just the tone and bluntness of my views. After reading the review I was staggered to read the supporters club have no real representation base at Imperial Fields except for charity collection tins. They have now become an organisation which exists solely in cyber space! To think the transfer of activities to that bunch of useless losers the Members club is taking money under force pretences. I vowed never to give any of hard-earned money to anything associated with the Members club or the owner!

The total naivety of supporter’s club and is now linked indirectly to the failure of the Football Team.
Some 12 years ago Steve Harrold was warned about the structure and operation at Imperial Fields, and its future consequences but chose to ignore, thinking he was speaking to trouble makers. Yet he now complains about everything he was told. Giving half baked media interviews which only explains half the story is a really sorry state of affairs!

I do not have a problem with Steve and the other individuals who have worked tirelessly for the supporter’s club, in fact they need to be praised. But they should take a close look at any actions and consequences before making published statements.!

There needs to be in depth look at what’s left of the supporter’s club and evaluate its structure and objectives for the future, after all they are the only organization linked to the Football team with any credibility. I would willingly sign up as a member with the implementation of the above.
Amen

18/5/2023 3:42 pm  #9

See where Steve Adkins found his inspiration to bring our great club to its knees!
Watch "The Producers" on the iPlayer (available for another 18 days)

14/6/2023 2:58 pm  #10

Date for your diary.
The Supporters Club AGM / get together will take place on Sat 24th June at the Crown Pub on Bishopsford Road near Mitcham Tram Stop, Looking at 18:30 - 19:00 hrs start.

We will be happy to answer any questions from existing members , I personally will be happy to speak with anyone (member or not) if they want to have a chat about anything.
Peter Woodhouse, Charlie Till, Dave Irons, Anthony Harrold and myself will all be in attendance.
Any more news or updates about this, I'll post on here and other social media platforms.

Cheers.

Steve Harrold (Hackbridge Harry).

14/6/2023 3:39 pm  #11

Thanks to The Terror for putting this up on his web site...

Cheers.

http://www.tmu-fc.co.uk/fans/supportersclub.html

14/6/2023 3:52 pm  #12

I've been told that the Pub does have parking if needed, you will have to put in your registration on a system they have at the bar. 

Please come along if you get the chance even if it is just to have a drink and a chat.

Board footera