“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/6/2023 1:03 pm  #1

Congratulations to the Supporters club on reaching a unique milestone.

Congratulations on the supporter’s club reaching 100years old this year.  

The merger of Tooting Town and Mitcham Wanderers (1932) was a basically a takeover by Tooting Town. The first supporters club was established in 1923, when Tooting who were based at Gorringe Park and moved to their new ground at Sandy Lane. Up until then the supporters produced the match day programme, but were not officially a supporter’s club. During the summer of 1923 a Supporters club was formed and they had a target to raise 1000 members. All of this coincided with the move to Sandy Lane by helping with pitch preparation, moving buildings and facilities from the old ground.

West Norwood FC  took over the Gorringe Park ground from Tooting.

With supporters club now cyber based, lets hope they continue to survive and flourish once again when the team as risen from the ashes, and the members club and owner have disappeared.

20/6/2023 2:14 pm  #2

Re: Congratulations to the Supporters club on reaching a unique milestone.

Cheers Mikem,

An interesting bit of History there, a target of 1000 members, numbers we can only dream of.
We'll try our best but with crowds falling, interest dying and the morale of our fans getting lower and lower I think we all know the future is far from good. 

Personally, very happy with the changes made to the coaching and management side of things and equally feel I've been kicked in the nuts when it comes down to the admission prices etc for the league we are now in.

​ Typical Toots... One step forward, two steps back.

Remember the AGM will be in the Crown on Bishopsford Road this coming Saturday. I'm told there is parking there and we are looking at a 07:00pm start. 
I'll be there along with Anthony, Dave Irons, Peter W and last but not least Charlie Till.
If anyone wants a chat about anything please come along and even if it is just a chance for a get together and drink. If anyone wants to have a moan I'm also there for that.

Cheers.

Board footera