“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/7/2023 10:53 pm  #1

Alex Penfold

Alex Penfold has wanted to play for Tooting for many years.i can confirm that Alex is now officially a Tooting player.
I have known Alex for years and would like to welcome him to the Tooting family.
I personally think he is the sort of character that would help us get a result on a cold December night on a  away or home fixture.
Welcome Alex!

12/7/2023 12:36 pm  #2

12/7/2023 2:39 pm  #3

Re: Alex Penfold

Mate I could name several players that have played for Tooting who have a past. One was suspended for a year with his brother went on to become a fans favourite and manager of another team. Although that didn't go well for them...
Watching the video the Dorking players where in his face provoking him.
We haven't had a CB with a edge since Joe Vines. I hear he played really well against Banstead and Glebe.
His a good player, a emotional player and a good lad I have known for years. He wants to be at Tooting which is good enough for me.

Last edited by Gary Walker (12/7/2023 2:45 pm)

12/7/2023 7:37 pm  #4

I’m sorry Gary, but I do not remember Joe ever assaulting a referee.

12/7/2023 8:38 pm  #5

evthedog wrote:

I’m sorry Gary, but I do not remember Joe ever assaulting a referee.

I did not see any evidence he did that. You remember when that ref was abusing me and actually reported the club ? Some of these refs really over dramatise things to make them selves look better.

We are going to have to disagree on this on me old mate. We have been friends for years and we won't fall out over this . I really don't know why you would dig a incoming player out. Especially one we need badly at CB. A player Jamie believes in and has the experience to strengthen our team.

I personally feel very confident that Jamie will have a decent squad.  Not on a massive budget but every player getting paid the same . Instead of a few earning well and the rest taking fuel money or bus fare home.
I am confident that the Yoof project is over. At least in the first team. We will be a proper Non-league first team next season.  Something we can all get behind.
I ask everyone to stop moaning and get behind the team. (Including me. Stop moaning Gary!)
It's the first time in 3 years I am now happy we are moving forward.
I know Jamie and his team will do us proud.  It's so refreshing to read players getting excited on Twitter to play for Tooting.
Big season incoming!

Last edited by Gary Walker (12/7/2023 8:40 pm)

12/7/2023 9:55 pm  #6

For the record as this thread is on a public forum and other supporters reading this may be worried.
Alex was given a not guilty for assaulting the ref . In the refs statement he said Alex never hit him. Alex got a 80 day ban for aggressive behaviour towards the opposing team! He very much regrets his behaviour and has learned from it.
I say it again. Welcome Alex to the Tooting family!

13/7/2023 5:04 am  #7

Gary, I never made any comment on Alex Penfold whatsoever.  I posted a rather nasty dust up and made no comment on him, but mentioned Joe because you did.

Don't worrry Gary, I still love you

13/7/2023 6:33 am  #8

Not going to talk about his past. The 2 games I have watched so far,he's been very encouraging to the players.on Tuesday we were very poor in first half against Glebe. Sol got injured,so a big lad came on and impressed. Think they were calling him cesay. Tall with dreadlocks,and quick. Still think they will looking at other players.goalkeeper looks safe.a 2-0 win though. I'm more excited than the whole of last season. I just stopped going. It was sad.

Board footera