“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/7/2023 7:04 pm  #1

Jersey Bulls Away

Jersey Bulls away has been scheduled for Saturday 12th August

16/7/2023 6:45 pm  #2

Re: Jersey Bulls Away

I'm going. I love that feeling of being at Gatwick and flying to Europe (albeit the Channel Islands) to watch Tooting.
Shame my old mucker Gypsy Joe's no longer with us, he would've loved a trip to Jersey and a pub crawl in St Helier before the game to watch his beloved Terrors. Miss you Joey 

16/7/2023 8:39 pm  #3

They'll be two of us Har(r)olds out in Jersey then 😀

17/7/2023 8:45 pm  #4

Do you know who else is going Ant ? I know Gary Lincoln has booked up and Tim Megone was on his phone in the bar on Saturday looking to go but I don't know whether he booked a trip or not. I hope he does cos he's loud. I wonder if I can fit a traffic cone in my hand luggage ? Can you get inflatable ones ? The first time we went to Guernsey there were about 40 - 50 of us, the numbers dwindled after that first trip and one time I think there was me, Joey, Alan Richards and about 2 others. I think we will do well to get into double figures in Jersey....hope I'm wrong.

17/7/2023 10:18 pm  #5

I think they'll be a fair few of us out there mate, I know Matt and Roots will be there and spoke to others on Saturday who were looking into it

17/7/2023 10:33 pm  #6

Mitchell
Matt hodson
Anthony
Jay hodson
Tim
Garry
Arsenal dave plus you that's decent start hope some old faces come out retirement

All on the 7.10am out of Gatwick maybe more thinking

Last edited by TPF (17/7/2023 10:35 pm)

18/7/2023 5:38 am  #7

I'm on that flight as well...

18/7/2023 6:01 am  #8

Well done to these committed fans going to Jersey despite all the pain and emotion over the past several years. Onwards and better times to come.

18/7/2023 6:57 am  #9

A great team is being created and a chance to head over in the summer on a plane to see tooting was to much to turn down. The issue is due to six weeks kids holiday the price is up alot but what a weekend ahead.

18/7/2023 2:20 pm  #10

Cheers for the update TPF.There are a few vocal supporters in that little list so we should make some noise. Obviously we will have to drag you down the boozer before the match because I know what you're like, you're as quiet as a little mouse until you've got a couple of beers inside ya ! Are you sure you still want to be a Librarian ? Let's get behind the boys over there, we might be the first witnesses of a bright new dawn ! Glad to see that Endo is coming. Not sure I know who Arsenal Dave is tbh. I'm thoroughly looking forward to this, don't let us down Toots.

18/7/2023 6:26 pm  #11

Chris, you forgot about me. I’ve been to Guernsey 3 times

18/7/2023 7:37 pm  #12

My apologies Geoff, 3 trips to Guernsey is a noteworthy effort. Bravo my old mate.

18/7/2023 10:50 pm  #13

geoff g wrote:

Chris, you forgot about me. I’ve been to Guernsey 3 times

Lovely to see some old school faces (!) here, Mitchell you’ll always be the Bacofoil boy, Geoff, what can I say - a bloke who played Tony Osoba and Boggie - now we’re reaching for the oxygen mask.

I’ll speak to Mrs Plumpton/Bernie as I might have an avenue to get out there the night before (dependant on work and if any accommodation is left) but it’s really very much on her.  She’s the cost controller in this neck of the woods as I’m completely useless.

I hope to pull this one off

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

19/7/2023 9:03 pm  #14

Bernie, think about it mate, like TPF said, Gatwick North Terminal, a load of familiar faces, a flight to a lovely holiday destination, a new ground, sunny weather, beer, football, banter, camaraderie, a Ruby Murray. If we win and you didn't go you'll kick yourself (or your wife) forever more.

20/7/2023 2:21 pm  #15

Seems like the Jersey match might be segregated

22/7/2023 5:30 pm  #16

I remember Taunton away in the FA Vase when we were segregated from the Carrott Crunchers. A group of Country Bumpkins infiltrated our section only to be swiftly and very violently kicked and punched back in the direction from whence they came. I must stress I don't condone this kind of behaviour.......infiltrating our section, that is.

Board footera