“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/7/2023 9:58 am  #1

Ticket prices

withFurther to discussions with our new manager, Jamie Byatt, and the Members Club, we have decided that given the change in our League and the general financial situation in the UK that is would be a welcome opportunity to reduce our current admission prices for the forthcoming season.

As a result Adult admission prices will be reduced to £8 for all home games this season, including the pre-season friendly against Dulwich Hamlet.

Adult Season Tickets have also been reduced to £128. Concessionary prices are £5 and U18's will receive free admission.

Do please contact the Members Club via (tmufc@tmunited.org?subject=Match%20Day%20Experience if there is anything you feel could enhance the matchday experience for you.
really looking forward the start of the season and hopefully making up lost ground

Kind regards

STEVE ADKINS

o

Last edited by DaveM (24/7/2023 9:58 am)

24/7/2023 10:48 am  #2

Re: Ticket prices

DaveM wrote:

withFurther to discussions with our new manager, Jamie Byatt, and the Members Club, we have decided that given the change in our League and the general financial situation in the UK that is would be a welcome opportunity to reduce our current admission prices for the forthcoming season.

As a result Adult admission prices will be reduced to £8 for all home games this season, including the pre-season friendly against Dulwich Hamlet.

Adult Season Tickets have also been reduced to £128. Concessionary prices are £5 and U18's will receive free admission.

Do please contact the Members Club via (tmufc@tmunited.org?subject=Match%20Day%20Experience if there is anything you feel could enhance the matchday experience for you.
really looking forward the start of the season and hopefully making up lost ground

Kind regards

STEVE ADKINS

o

Thanks for posting DaveM, I’m quite taken aback by all of this, reducing prices, offering a feedback link and hoping to make up lost ground?  It’s certainly not what I was expecting.  Looking at PPs site there’s a mention in refunding the difference if anyone had bought a season ticket already

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (24/7/2023 10:51 am)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

24/7/2023 11:09 am  #3

Welcome news and completely the right thing to do. Financially it might not make much difference, 2 quid does not seem much but some fans will stay away if they think they are being ripped off. More fans at 8 quid versus less fans at a tenner will maybe work out about the same.

24/7/2023 11:44 am  #4

Welcome news but it took them long enough to realise 2 people at 8 quid is better than 1 at 10 quid also im quite taken aback at steve adkins saying is there anything we can do to enhance the matchday experience
was he converted on the road to Damascus or something or is he just trying to make up for  the fact that its his fault we now find ourselves where we are now.

24/7/2023 3:56 pm  #5

Andy Mc wrote:

Welcome news and completely the right thing to do. Financially it might not make much difference, 2 quid does not seem much but some fans will stay away if they think they are being ripped off. More fans at 8 quid versus less fans at a tenner will maybe work out about the same.

Agreed Andy and at first when I didn’t see a reference to refunding season tickets which had already been purchased I did wonder whether any had been sold.  I know exactly what you mean about the numbers and reckon the attendance/revenue on this price will work out better.

I’ve got ideas on the match day experience but not sure everyone would agree, things like this:

Bring back the tea bar, get rid of The Shak.

Find a buying/staffing model to make drinks cheap in the bar.

Hold a ‘Saturday night club’ for a few hours in the bar after home games.   Could feature things like meat raffles, darts tournaments, quizzes, cribbage, dominoes etc.  Could even extend to open mic events for jokes etc. 

Announcer for the day.  A chance to announce a match while being guided through by someone from the club.  Features a fee and deposit.  In the event of any bad language or inappropriate behaviour the deposit is forfeited.

Introduce a marked designated parking space for the referee.

Introduce a ‘Golden Goal Deluxe’ in tandem with the main golden goal.  £2 a ticket but features consolation prizes either side of the winning time (made up example but say prize is £60 with consolation of £20…..golden goal is on say 57 mins - £60 - so those with 56 and 58 pick up a score).  Also GGD based on last goal scored to keep up interest until the end of the game and avoid confusion with regular GG.

A different song for fans to sing at each match, with lyrics printed in the programme.

That’s a starting point anyway!

24/7/2023 5:06 pm  #6

More disabled parking. I haven't seen any on my recent trip to the stadium.  Also they need to be near the new turnstile if your still forcing people to walk around to the other side.
The Shak is impossible for someone in a wheelchair to order food because of the stairs and the ramp is blocked off.

Last edited by Gary Walker (24/7/2023 5:07 pm)

24/7/2023 5:11 pm  #7

The best way to enhance the matchday experience is to start winning games at home, something we haven't done for years. No gimmicks required. A winning team improves the mood and atmosphere in the stadium.
As for the bar, first off, remove that ridiculous screen, its impersonal and not required, Covid is not an issue. Get some actual beer in and drop the prices, there are pubs nearby that are cheaper and fans in recent seasons have used these instead of our dismal bar. And sort the toilets out.

24/7/2023 5:42 pm  #8

Andy Mc wrote:

The best way to enhance the matchday experience is to start winning games at home, something we haven't done for years. No gimmicks required. A winning team improves the mood and atmosphere in the stadium.
As for the bar, first off, remove that ridiculous screen, its impersonal and not required, Covid is not an issue. Get some actual beer in and drop the prices, there are pubs nearby that are cheaper and fans in recent seasons have used these instead of our dismal bar. And sort the toilets out.

Andy I don't drink alcohol.  Would a half price happy hour between 1 and 2 pm help to get people to drink at our bar?

24/7/2023 6:04 pm  #9

Hi Gary, it would do if the beers were there. Poor choice and running out of the stuff have been frequent complaints.

24/7/2023 6:19 pm  #10

Andy Mc wrote:

No gimmicks required.

Well yes : ))   Made me chuckle Andy.

Good suggestions there, I remember Mike M saying the car park lighting was nonexistent on evening games, that’s got to be worth looking into.  Looking at it we’ve got two Tuesday evening games at home in quick succession, Balham on the 15th and AFC Croydon on the 22nd - shame the CCL website only covers August so far…….

24/7/2023 9:43 pm  #11

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Andy Mc wrote:

No gimmicks required.

Well yes : ))   Made me chuckle Andy.

Good suggestions there, I remember Mike M saying the car park lighting was nonexistent on evening games, that’s got to be worth looking into.  Looking at it we’ve got two Tuesday evening games at home in quick succession, Balham on the 15th and AFC Croydon on the 22nd - shame the CCL website only covers August so far…….

Yeah on my couple of games I went to they turned the car park lights off at the final whistle which made reversing out of a space dangerous with pedestrians walking past.

25/7/2023 11:24 am  #12

Are the card machines working tonight? Or is it cash only ?

25/7/2023 12:51 pm  #13

Wi-Fi was fit and well this morning so should be card machines, no bother.
Also the bottle bar will be open and The Shak is stocking up ready to re-open under new management

25/7/2023 12:59 pm  #14

Poddington wrote:

Wi-Fi was fit and well this morning so should be card machines, no bother.
Also the bottle bar will be open and The Shak is stocking up ready to re-open under new management

Thanks for letting us know.

25/7/2023 10:36 pm  #15

A few things that could improve the match day.
Can we please have diet coke or diet pepsi in the club shop ? I think the Lemon Fanta is a acquired taste. Can you pay someone to clean the toilets Steve they stink ?
Last of all. Someone is going to get hurt if you don't turn the car park lights on. That must be against some health and safety laws ?
Congratulations on the things you have changed though.

Board footera