“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/7/2023 10:26 pm  #1

What a night !

I have to say my son and I are buzzing tonight. One of many to come.
If Steve Adkins was to blame for the club to be run down you need to give him credit when things go well. I think Steve and the Members Club have worked really hard to make improvements for our match day. Also who knew that Jamie Byatt could bring in a really decent management team and 20 players that are not only good bit actually feel proud to play for Tooting.  To those fans boycotting the club. I beg you to come and see the change.  I genuinely can't believe how right the club have got it. It felt more like a cup final tonight.
As we walked in we was treated to some Ragga tunes , then they played some Raggee then some queen. Music for everyone.  The new Shak is even better. There was a man you could see cooking in the barbecue drum . They had about 4 staff so no queuing much better. We have a new young public announcer who was excellent.  Really creating a atmosphere and spoke very clearly.
As for the team. Honestly I didn't really fancy it tonight but that lasted for 90 seconds. Number 8 scoring a world class free kick from 25 yards. After 20 minutes I was really excited.  Don't get me wrong Dulwich was good. They was fit big and strong.  They used 22 players and changed 11 at half time. They passed the ball along the floor and was very easy on the eye. But we got in their faces. We out run them , we showed more heart and we are now playing direct Non-league football.  Non of this keep the ball and lose it. We play forward first and attack teams. We hunt in packs and didn't give Dulwich a chance to breathe. Our keeper is brilliant our defenders are strong and will go toe to toe with anyone. We have skill in midfield.  In the middle and wide. And we have a centre forward who can hold the ball up, he can mix it up and he can shoot and header.
I know these thread is getting long but honestly if you feel anything for this club please make a effort to attend . For the first time in years we have a team to be proud of. To do this in such a short time is really incredible.
I can't wait until the next game. I think Steve needs to continue this momentum by playing the rest of the friendlies on the main pitch.

Last edited by Gary Walker (25/7/2023 10:28 pm)

25/7/2023 10:47 pm  #2

Re: What a night !

I hope someone who is more articulate with words can come on here and give tonight's experience justice.

26/7/2023 5:25 am  #3

Good words Gary. I didn't make it last night. Paul's away and to be honest  I thought we would get beat. I have been to last 3 friendlies. I also like the squad Jamie and co are building.will be glad when we can name players not just call a number.What was crowd like? Numbers and atmosphere? Hope to see you at games.
Clive

26/7/2023 7:30 am  #4

Thanks for your reply Clive. I don't know how many was there but the crowd looked even in terms of support.  Both set of fans sang behind the goals. There was more fans there than most league games last season I would say. See you soon mate.

26/7/2023 9:52 am  #5

213 through the turnstiles

Board footera