“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2023 5:33 pm  #1

FACup

So we managed to let a 3-0 led slip and got pegged back to 3-3 so a replay this Tuesday it is

Remember the lob at Tonbridge

05/8/2023 6:21 pm  #2

Re: FACup

Sounded a cracking game with our keeper saving us from a defeat.
2 reds 6 goals our travelling fans must be disappointed but walking away knowing they have watched a match.
Our red card Sounded stupid kicking the ball away. Jamie will not be happy with that but I am sure the player will learn.
Is that right we have signed Ex Sutton and Dulwich  LEWIS GONSALVES ?
Doesn't anyone know why Alex Penfold wasn't playing?

Last edited by Gary Walker (05/8/2023 6:25 pm)

05/8/2023 6:51 pm  #3

I understand Penfold had a slight knock - as did Hutchings. They were both there though. Cisse was missing as was Sol. So that is 4 central defenders out. So Lewis and a new face James Smith stepped in although I don't know how much football they have had. They haven't played pre season with us.

Colman also went off with an injury and from the look of him won't be playing Tuesday. Orisatoki also got a knock and would have been subbed if we had any subs left!

Don't forget that Newham have already had 2 league games and last season they finished 6th in the table - at step 5 - the same as us. And they have a gun striker who may be playing pro later this season.

So taking all that into consideration a draw wasn't too bad.

But 3-0 up we got the daft 2nd yellow and really failed to block up the middle of the park.

So was it a good result? Well, that will depend on Tuesday!

05/8/2023 7:07 pm  #4

Thanks Roger for that update.
The team will need the Tooting fans to turn up with their voices on Tuesday night.

05/8/2023 7:14 pm  #5

Apparently Lewis lives about 3 doors down from Jamie and they grew up together. I don't know if he's just signed for a short period to help out while we have a centre back shortage but if he has that's when good neighbours become good friends. I think there's a song in there somewhere 

06/8/2023 11:56 am  #6

Will we get more goals than bookings this season - it could be a close run thing!  Who in their right mind kicks the ball away when they have already had a yellow yard.  What was Marcus Whittaker thinking?

06/8/2023 12:55 pm  #7

He wasn't thinking.

You need a brain to think.

Three nil up against ten men and he kicks the ball away while already on a yellow card.

He is quite clearly brainless.

07/8/2023 8:35 pm  #8

Stan Churchillmann wrote:

He wasn't thinking.

You need a brain to think.

Three nil up against ten men and he kicks the ball away while already on a yellow card.

He is quite clearly brainless.

Is there any truth in the rumour that his shirt number is higher than his IQ ? 

Board footera