“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/8/2023 10:47 pm  #1

Tooting out of the FA Cup

I think we can all be pleased that we don't have to play against that team again. Truthfully for me there is no disgrace losing to a better team. I think Athletic Newham are a freak team that are playing their football well below where they should be.  They would compete well in the Isthmian South Central.  A few of their players will go up a few divisions for sure . Their number 17 was outstanding scoring 5 in our two matches.
As for us I feel very proud of our team tonight. You learn a lot about your team when they are 3 or 4 goals down.  As a paying supporter we like to win but what we want is a team that will fight until the end . A team that will never give up and that is what happened tonight. For the last 35 minutes  we battered them and could of got a penalty and hit the post with a outstanding low drive. I think what we saw was very encouraging.  After the game I said to a few Tooting players. Don't worry we can't win the FA Cup but we can win the league. I really believe with the fight we showed tonight we have a great chance this season.
I hope Cisse's injury isn't as bad as it looks. I do think we have a concern at CB. Sol hasn't played much preseason and didn't look match sharp. Smith looked a little out of his depth. Alex Penfold made a massive difference coming on. He looks really good on the ball and looks like he has lots of time when he doesn't.  I also thought his defended was decent. Hopefully we can get a pairing with Alex and Lewis if Cisse is out.
All in all a good game of football. More minutes for our new team. I hope the team will not be down and concentrate on the positives because there was plenty.  Every player should be disappointed with the result but proud of the effort.
I do think we missed a trick tonight.  When we are 2 goals down I would like to see Jamie Byatt come on and play 2 up front. Maybe getting rid of a CDM or going 442. I am sure Jamie will try this later on in the season.
Final thought Unluckily boys we are proud of your efforts tonight.   

Last edited by Gary Walker (08/8/2023 11:13 pm)

09/8/2023 10:26 am  #2

Re: Tooting out of the FA Cup

Coudl anyone tell me which subs where used in both games please?

09/8/2023 3:32 pm  #3

Re: Tooting out of the FA Cup

Hi Paul, the extent of the fall out for getting relegated to the   dregs  and obscurity of  lowly  level 5 football still keeps giving.

With Tooting even disappearing from the Football Pages website, except under special circumstances, team sheets including subs, and attendances are not available on a live basis! The score last night was only updated a day after the event. However, according to  the FA website the attendance was declared as 135,  there was no attendance recorded for the away game at Newham.

Yet again The club has lost and opportunity to bring the sponsorship money rewards for appearing in the FA Cup as the rounds progress. But as we know from past experience the rewards would only be offset against the allocated budget. 

The combined Counties league administration is hopeless, so info on games will be difficult to obtained on a timely basis.  The embarrassment of being dumped out  so early from this competition is a disgrace to the name of Tooting & Mitcham United. 

Anyway congratulations to  Adkins, Woolley, Shaw, The Members Club and Cox director  of Football who knows squat all on the subject Cox  that well known director of Football , who actually knows  squat all on the subject.

And last of all Bosah who lead the team to  disaster with the help of the above, and hung on to the bitter end and showed no shame when he should have gone months earlier. 

What a state. 

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Board footera