“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/8/2023 4:12 pm  #1

Geoff Gatt

The club has been informed that Geoff passed away on Friday 11th August

21/8/2023 4:24 pm  #2

Re: Geoff Gatt

Poddington wrote:

The club has been informed that Geoff passed away on Friday 11th August

I’ve just had a text from one of the Bog End and came straight over here - gutted, totally gutted.  Geoff has been a massive T&M figure for many years and this is incredibly sad news.  Many happy memories chatting with Geoff with his wealth of experience in the game.  A very sad day indeed.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

21/8/2023 4:58 pm  #3

Just read the sad passing of Geoff, I have known him over the decades when attending games. Always great to  chat to and listen to  his views on the team. I send my sympathy to his family and the many friends he made over the years. A true TERROR. 

May he now Rest ln Peace.

Last edited by Mikem (22/8/2023 6:20 am)

21/8/2023 5:34 pm  #4

Choked, properly choked. Hackbridge Harry and Bogend Ant recently paid tribute to Geoff on the Bogend Podcast (episode 5 or 6 I think) I'd love to think he got to hear it. Thoroughly lovely bloke and Tooting & Mitcham to the core. I've been swapping messages with him recently brought about by my visit with Mrs Ultra to his homeland of Malta. Huge loss to the Tooting & Mitcham family.

Rest in Peace Geoff you absolute legend 

21/8/2023 7:40 pm  #5

This is really sad news. Geoff always had a warm smile and was a brilliant genuine person.
RIP GEOFF.

21/8/2023 8:44 pm  #6

A smashing bloke.  It was always a pleasure chatting to him over the years.  My best wishes to his family.

22/8/2023 7:45 am  #7

There will be a minutes silence at tonight's game

22/8/2023 7:47 am  #8

A  fantastic person will miss deeply RIP

Board footera