“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/9/2023 7:23 pm  #1

Well, it was certainly entertaining....

Seven goals
2 penalties
3 red cards

Still not quite sure how we lost today....

Fair play to Alton for digging in with 9 men.

Is it me or do we seem to have slightly lost the spark from the Croydon and Balham games? Switching across the flanks and playing champagne football. Compared to the utter dross of the last two seasons it's great to watch but we obviously don't want to be capitulating from such good positions.

Ok, we were 3-1 up but I wasn't sure how.

Their number 7 was a class player.

02/9/2023 7:40 pm  #2

Re: Well, it was certainly entertaining....

I got in my car and was disappointed but also completely fulfilled that I watched an entertaining game of football.  For the last two seasons, I would have felt anger and frustration.  Playing kids for the sake of it. I would have been guessing the first team managers and coaches' motives.  This season, we have a club legend doing his best for free as a volunteer.  If you can't get behind that, then I don't know what to say .
This game we made mistakes on and off the bench. Why we subbed our left back, for example.  But overall, I really enjoyed the game. We started scared for 20 minutes to pass the ball coning off 2 losses this was understandable , their massive CB was loving life.As we kept Pumping balls too high onto his head. We did start playing at  1,2, and 3 nil. As soon as they got the penalty, we stopped playing again.
I really hope the management will start keeping it simpler.  This squad is dying for a old fashioned 442. 4231 never works at this level for me. Their overweight left back was blowing after 30 minutes. We never really ran at him, and he had a too easy game.
Congratulations to Alton. They worked very hard for their win.
For those that were shouting at Jamie Byatt.  Please remember he has lost his 2 first choice CB. Penfold and Cisse. He hasn't got the biggest budget.
I spoke to him regarding players. He asked every player you would expect.  Like Jake Baxter , Coleman, etc. They are just being offered much more than we can offer. Plus, we are now in a league. Most Isthmian league players won't drop too unless you pay them more than their currently on. Jamie, for me, is doing a great job. It's all part of his learning and our rebuilding.
Let's get behind the boys on Saturday against Guildford.

Last edited by Gary Walker (02/9/2023 9:28 pm)

Board footera