“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/9/2023 8:31 pm  #1

Affordable merchandise

Evening each,

A good friend of mine is a Ks season ticket holder so I get along to their games too when I can. At the last game, they had a merchandise sale (t-shirts and polo shirts with embroidered badges and last season's shirt) all priced at £5.

Appreciated that T&M shirts and stuff are available online ( but I assume made to order?) , would there be demand if the club shop stocked a decent design T&M t-shirt or two and a decent polo? The Ks polo was, I think, £13 before the sale.

Copyrighted logos a problem and would there be an "exclusive" deal in place with the online manufacturers ?

10/9/2023 10:46 pm  #2

Re: Affordable merchandise

If anyone from the club wants to follow up on Andy's suggestion. I think Cladish in Wallington would be a good place to ask for a wholesale deal. I think they may still have the Tooting and Mitcham template. If you want the round badge made I am sure they could sort that out as well.

11/9/2023 5:49 pm  #3

Asupportersupports wrote:

I agree that it would be nice to have some shirts/polos available in the club shop.

That said, the Ks sale may say something about tying up money in such stock. The margins on these things are notoriously slim and if you end up selling stuff at a loss (quite possibly what Ks are doing here) then you are not spending money wisely. I know that the Members Club spent money recently on all weather training gear for the squad. Potentially something that might not happen if you’re tying up funds in stock that may take a while to sell.

I’d also agree that the current online sales offer doesn’t appear to be viewed particularly positively by fans. Sizing issues and delivery times being a problem. 

If we were attracting crowds of 2000 rather than 200 the options would be that much better. In the meantime I’m not sure what the answer is.

Keep on winning probably 😀

You don't have to commit to buying a lot of stock or even buy a lot of stock for selling T-shirt's or polo shirts.
Just buy one mens in black and one womens in pink and take orders from it. Most good sports wholesale seller will turn your order around in ten days given you time to honour your orders at the next home game. You will also get a bulk discount, so more profit.
Steve Adkins has plenty of contacts.

12/9/2023 8:03 pm  #4

I think Ks were flogging their stuff off due to a change in their supporters club personnel.

I've seen the polos on the online supplier and they are ridiculously expensive. I reckon something plain black with a badge embroidered could be a decent seller (Christmas coming!) If it could be done for say £15?

Rarely see shirts being worn at games. Appreciate some premier dross want £60-70 for a replica shirt now, but if we could knock them out at say £30 I reckon a good few would sell?

Last edited by Andy P (12/9/2023 8:04 pm)

Board footera