“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/9/2023 10:19 am  #1

Knaphill v Tooting

A tricky/difficult looking fixture today. Knaphill will leapfrog us in the table if they beat us. They are unbeaten in the league this season. They have 3 games in hand on us. They've already got a better goal difference than us. They have a 100% home record, won 4 out of 4. Plus we're coming off the back of a chastening home defeat to lowly Spelthorne.
The Ball & Chain has gone out this morning so I'm going to sneak off to the game while she's not looking I'll deal with the consequences later 

Football & Beer......it's what I live for. COME ON YOU STRIPES ( or Lavenders probably this afternoon)

30/9/2023 8:50 pm  #2

Re: Knaphill v Tooting

We weren't very good. Lost 6-2, At least we were consistent, we lost both halves 3-1, Brennan scored our first goal to make it 1-1 with another classy finish from a tight angle and Busy got absolutely gifted our second by Knappers goalie to register his 2.000th goal of his career (slight exageration), Quaint little ground in the middle of nowhere, friendly welcoming people. Fcuk all else positive to take from the afternoon.

01/10/2023 1:07 pm  #3

I think this league is a lot better than we gave it credit for before the season started. I think we're still going in the right direction, despite recent results. We have a new management team and whole new squad of players, so its not reasonable to expect us to hit the ground running and get results every week.
I think Jamie still has the support of the fans and its still better than we've had to endure for the last few seasons.

01/10/2023 5:33 pm  #4

Did we defend badly or play badly?

Were Knaphill a very good side?

Totally agree with Andy Mc that we are still leaps and bounds forward, just curious how it went wrong yesterday after smashing Guildford?

02/10/2023 10:51 am  #5

Anybody know a good defence coach

02/10/2023 6:57 pm  #6

Andy P wrote:

Did we defend badly or play badly?

Were Knaphill a very good side?

To answer your first question you just need to look at the scoreline, it says it all.
Were Knaphill a very good side ? Well it seemed to me like they were first to every loose ball, they appeared to win every 50/50, the man on the ball always had options for an easy pass, it was like they had 12 or 13 men out there.
They did look a very competent side. Oh, and their 4th goal was a Worldy !

Board footera