“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/11/2023 7:48 pm  #1

Fun memories

Well, can anyone think of a more embarrassing defeat or own goal. Bracknell away comes to mind for the goal. Most of the last few seasons results come close defeat wise - but this is just for fun folks. I'm not calling time on the team, just trying to cheer myself up!

Last edited by TheTerror (11/11/2023 8:42 pm)

12/11/2023 6:23 pm  #2

Re: Fun memories

Are you referring to yesterday’s match Paul?  If so, can you provide a report?

By-the-way:  I am now officially  evtheolddog;  as I now have my old codgers travel card😁😁👨‍🦳. But you saw this at Chipstead years ago 😂

13/11/2023 12:34 pm  #3

I think the worst defeat that I can remember was the 7-2 at home to Chatham.  But the most embarrassing game was the home game against Wealdstone where we couldn't even field a recognised keeper.

13/11/2023 1:41 pm  #4

endofthelane wrote:

I think the worst defeat that I can remember was the 7-2 at home to Chatham.  But the most embarrassing game was the home game against Wealdstone where we couldn't even field a recognised keeper.

Chatham, I have to agree, was a very poor performance.  Frank was lucky to keep his job.

13/11/2023 3:01 pm  #5

Hi Ev you old dog! Thought you'd been put down by now.

Saturday was a poor game BUT, to put it in context, we have a new team who play with enthusiasm and are beginning to knit together (of course strengthening will be needed in due course - but no rush).  In other words, no playthings are flying out of this perambulator!

We weathered an early storm only to get mugged by half a dozen giants scaring the beegeebers out of us in the six yard box from a corner (amazed that this only happend once).  Mid second half youthful enthusiasm got the better of Jayden Hutchings when he launched himself long jump style from the touchline to take out their centre forward. Whilst his subsequent banishment effectively forfeited our stake in the game our only scoring chances came shortly afterwards.
Tom Theobald will certainly have punished himself enough for the own goal without any help from us. Suffice to say that he air kicked at a back pass which had just enough pace to get over the goalline before he could recover his balance and chase it down. Let's hope he can put it behind him (if you know what I mean). 
The third goal was irrelevant, by which I mean I was well on the way to the pub by then.

As I said earlier, we are watching a work in progess and there's a good atmosphere around the place.  Away trips are light years more fun than the deeply depressing Isthmian South Central. However, there are still plenty of underpasses and spacious bus shelters for you to curl up in alongside your favourite bottle of white lighting (as recommended by Chris Harold).
Why not give that bus pass an airing and try a game sometime soon. 

16/11/2023 7:46 pm  #6

the terror wrote:

However, there are still plenty of underpasses and spacious bus shelters for you to curl up in alongside your favourite bottle of white lighting (as recommended by Chris Harold).

That's bloody slanderous ! (well, technically it's libelous but slanderous is a much nicer word). 

Chatham was a shocker, agreed, but for me, the debacle at Abingdon United takes the biscuit. Can't remember what cup competition it was in but they were about 200 levels below us in the pyramid at the time and their ground made South Park look like the San Siro. They whooped our arses, we were shockingly bad, much to the hilarity of the locals whose guffaws and laughter still rings in my ears to this day. Pi$$ taking, carrott crunching Wurzels.

19/11/2023 3:07 pm  #7

I remember the Bracknell away own goal very well. Our keeper, can't recall the name, had the habit of letting any back pass from our left side, come right across his body whilst thinking what he was going to do next. On this occasion he thought about it a bit too long and the ball rolled slowly into the net, to the great ammusement of the Bracknell fans behind the goal. Our left back (Simeone, was it?) just held his head in his hands with shock lol.

23/12/2023 6:23 pm  #8

Looks like we've got a new winner!

Board footera