“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/2/2014 5:39 pm  #1

T&M 0 Sittingbourne 0

Well done to the ground staff for getting the game on. But that was pretty brutal to watch. In wet and windy conditions like today's we need to be much more direct. Passing the ball backwards and sideways all the time is not going to get us anywhere. Big plus from today though was how well Harry Knock played at right back

15/2/2014 6:38 pm  #2

Re: T&M 0 Sittingbourne 0

It is a shame though that his passing was so poor.  too many passes went to  Sittingbourne players.  This is something that he really needs to work on.

16/2/2014 7:01 pm  #3

I totally agree with all of the above.I also feel the 2 young midfielders look poor and unsure and give the ball away.We had no pace on the flanks and with players such at Troy William and the youngster on loan from Bromley FC first team who tortured Corinthian,surely we should have changed formation and brought them on instead of remaining toothless in final third with no one to stretch a poor defence.
Just my 10p's worth.I hope we use the pace in the team v Ramsgate and hit them on the counter-attack.

16/2/2014 10:18 pm  #4

Completely disagree about Elliot and Zenio, thought they were comfortable on the ball and hardly gave it away, nothing too creative but very solid.
Can't agree about Williams either, don't see what he offers the team but looking forward to seeing the youngster from Bromley.
We need a decent striker who stays in the middle, i like Sol but he wanders about all over the place so somebody else needs to be in the middle.
On a more positive note we were never in trouble yesterday,Sittingbourne seemed happpy to come and get a draw and caused very few problems.

17/2/2014 12:17 am  #5

I share the disappointment that we were not more ambitious yesterday. I don't want to see our side simply hoofing the ball forward to two big lumps and applaud the way Craig makes his  play on the ground footsie.
But......we are not simply a development team to bring youngsters forward playing 'the right way'.  We are a club trying to win football games.

As the home side playing with the strong wind in the 1st half against a side below us who showed no ambition to win the game we surely needed to be more positive. Things were going to be more difficult in the 2nd half, even playing it on the ground.
A greater sense of attacking urgency only came in the last quarter, with Bourne still not doing very much other than the occasional break. Way too late.

Felt like 2 points wasted in front of a reasonable crowd. More attacking options needed with the loss of Frankie.
Our Crawley loan striker would have livened things up but not involved - again.

17/2/2014 11:19 am  #6

2 young midfielders offer nothing creative in key positions-we have pace on the bench to stretch oppositions and can allow sol and watkins and crawley guy to do what they do-score.we had NO penetration on the flanks and dont have the players to play it all the way through the middle
-Bromley youngster is the quickest player in Bromley First team squad apparently and humiliated corinthian defence and apparently shd have had 2 red cards against him.Surely this is the way forward-Sol is not quick but let someone else do that part.

17/2/2014 11:23 am  #7

Whats happening with T J? He,s quick trickey and scores goals,after Cheadle and Pinnock he,s the next highest goal scorer yet he hardly ever starts a game. Strange!

18/2/2014 10:35 pm  #8

Tonight Sittingbourne not only drew at home with clear division leaders Peacehaven but scored 3 goals in the process.
Wherever did that attacking intent / ability come from?   Hidden deep on Saturday.

Board footera