
Offline

Stefan's views from a distance
It would not be right to for me to comment on a match that I did not see, but my sources
tell me that no substitutions were made by Tooting throughout the match.
I can see a reason why, when a team is playing well for 90 minutes, but not to bring on
a striker that can change a match and win a vital three points , well, the jury is out
whether an error of judgement was made that gave Knapp Hill their win.
Anyway, credit to the boys for fighting their corner and holding them to one goal.
It’s no shame losing to a team that will probably take the title on their current
form. It’s going to be a long season, but I do feel we will get back on our feet
and take something positive from this match. I’ve seen the fight within the team,
and they will bounce back again from this loss.
I learnt over the years that to fail is good because you learn from your mistakes
and makes you wiser and stronger next time round. Let’s hope something has
been learnt because the pack are now chasing the top five and we need to stay in
contention, otherwise, we will be cut-adrift whilst the others will sail on further.
On a separate note, what a performance by England against Croatia this afternoon.
Perhaps the finest match I’ve ever seen by England. Well worth a watch on the
ITV player. The closing down in play and pace of our players was exceptional.
Well done, England, and Thomas Tucherl. I enjoy your management style and
where you’re getting the best out of your players and where the future now begins.
Offline
Good review Stefan. Totally agree on your Toots and Englands comments!!