“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/3/2014 7:30 am  #1

Folkestone's wanted striker

Battle on for non-league ace

Bolton Wanderers, Hull City, Stoke City and Swansea City are both keeping tabs on Folkestone Invicta's teenage sensation Johan Ter Horst. The highly-rated striker is attracting plenty of interest after bagging 20 goals this season and both Stoke and Swansea, along with Championship outfit Bolton, watched him in action against Faversham last week. They would have been impressed as well as Ter Horst bagged the second goal in a 2-1 win and Invicta boss Neil Cugley does not think it will be too long before he moves on. "We've had nothing official from anyone but we do know they've been watching him, which is hardly surprising," he said. "He's come in for some very close attention from our opponents in recent weeks but I cannot praise him too highly for the way that he's playing." "As I've said before, we hope he'll be here till the end of this season at least and can help us into the play-offs, though I've always believed he is good enough to play at a higher level. 

15/3/2014 9:30 am  #2

Re: Folkestone's wanted striker

Lets hope that "Bash" and the lads send him home with his tail between his legs.

15/3/2014 6:26 pm  #3

............and they did ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

15/3/2014 6:29 pm  #4

A bit like that striker that Hastings have got who is supposed to be red hot.  Frankie something or other.  He did not impress me when they were thrashed 1-0 by us a few weeks ago!

15/3/2014 8:21 pm  #5

Yes, not too many signs of quality today.  Hope all those scouts paid to enter (in our dreams eh)

Plenty of power in Stones play, espcially in their foul challenges that the ref was much too slow to clamp down on. But to be honest not much of a threat away from home.

I will freely admit that I am struggling to keep my heightened weight of expectation under control.
Which I know is really unfair because what Craig, Adam and the team have achieved on their limited budget is really impressive.  But.......
We struggled to take any advantage from the strong wind in the 1st half when they were sitting back, exactly like in the Sittingbourne game. And we over hit numerous passes that might/should have been some sort of an attacking threat.
However....... yet another clean sheet.  And how we dreamed of those in quite recent seasons eh. And that against a team well above us in the division.
So very well done lads.  And especially to the defence - again.

And well done to the massed ranks in the stand for their vocal encouragement to the amusing antics of the Ron Atkinson lookie likee Stones manager.  V Funny.  

17/3/2014 3:39 pm  #6

Ter Horst today signed for Hull City for an undisclosed fee.

19/3/2014 4:57 pm  #7

On loan with Folkestone 'till the end of the season.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

20/3/2014 10:35 am  #8

Technically still a Folkestone Invicta player - whilst he has "signed" for Hull City his contract with them does not begin until eraly/mid May

Board footera