“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/5/2014 5:34 pm  #1

A message from Craig to T&M supporters...

I think everyone associated with the club is excited about our second season in charge. As you will have seen we have made every effort to hang on to all of the players that were with us last season and I feel the continuity will help with our progress and plans for the 2014/15 season. This season will be different. Last season we were an unknown prospect and in some cases teams were surprised by the performances we put in. It was only until we had a settled 11 that we went on an unbeaten run in the latter part of the season. It is important we start the season well. We still want to bring a couple of fresh faces in order to create a healthy competition for places understanding at the same time in semi professional football players aren't happy sitting on the bench. In my opinion a squad rather than a team will provide us all with a more successful season and we hope we will be able to achieve that. Everyone knows how ambitious myself and Adam are. We put everything into making our first season a success and by keeping the club in the league a lot of people were surprised at our mid table finish which was with a lot of help from a committed set of players. Next season I will be disappointed if we don't finish in the top 5.  This season there will be a number of teams expecting to get promoted. Folkestone just missed out via the playoffs, Hastings will have one of the most experienced sides in the league, Guernsey will be better for last years experience, Burgess Hill and Merstham finished the league incredibly, Carshalton have just come down and they will be strong. You can't look past the teams I have just mentioned for promotion but, if we work hard, make a good start to the season and have a large slice of luck you always need over the course of a season you just never know what we might be able to achieve. Tanns

Board footera