“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/7/2014 10:17 am  #1

Saturdays Match v Colliers Wood United

The match will be played on the back 3G pitch Kick Off 3pm v Colliers Wood United of the Combined Counties League. Their Website can be found here http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/
A Programme will be issued for the game.
The Bar will be open from 12 and a Real Ale will be on handpump.  

10/7/2014 11:40 am  #2

Re: Saturdays Match v Colliers Wood United

Is it free admission?

10/7/2014 11:43 am  #3

Yes. Free admission for all  

10/7/2014 12:19 pm  #4

You worried me for a moment as I thought you were going to state it was off!
but then you saved the day with the words "real ale and handpump

12/7/2014 5:14 pm  #5

Well it literally was a game of two halves (and two sides) today as a strong Terrors squad strolled to a 7-0 win over our Combined Counties opponents who were only able to field a squad of 12.

An early goal from new boy Billy Murphy (a recruit from the Carshalton Athletic academy system) put Tooting one up and the lead was doubled on 35 mins after a Wood defender put through his own net. In the final 10 mins of the half, long range strikes from Jordan Cheadle and former Dulwich man Jordan Clarke ensured that the Terrors went into the break with a comfortable four goal cushion .

It was all change in the second half as Craig made 10 changes, the only player to appear in both halves being Elliot Simpson who had come on for the final few minutes of the first to replace the injured Murphy. Tooting struck early in the second half after Nathan Gordon made a powerful run down the left, cut into the box and rather than shooting as everyone expected, he pulled the ball back for Zenio Aiken-Simon to side foot into the roof of the net from the edge of the six yard box. Two strikes from Sol Pinnock, one after being set up by good work from Elliott Simpson down the right-hand side and one of his own making, ensured a comfortable opening to the pre-season programme.

No doubt though that things will step up a gear in a week's time when we play host to Cray Wanderers.

Last edited by Tim Marcus (12/7/2014 8:57 pm)

13/7/2014 4:23 pm  #6

No idea where that info came from. It was free admission so no official gate or attendance. Someone must have just done a quick headcount. For what it's worth I reckon there were about 50-60 there and what I can tell you for certain is that we sold 37 programmes!

Board footera