“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/4/2013 1:10 pm  #1

This Forum and the Future

After some initial vitriolic posting which were removed, this forum has been well run with sensible comments and genuine debate about the club. We have been through a number of forums over the last few years which have been closed through the pressure of the owner either direct or indirect on past forum administrators. Also some previous postings on these defunct sites were very abusive, but at the same time very truthful, which did not help the delivery of the message they were trying to get across.

I think  every true fan is aware of what the club has endured over the last few years, and everything seems to becoming to a head in the next couple of weeks. A message to  the adminnistrator,  It is imperative this forum maintains it's integrity for the sake of genuine argument, criticism, praise, aimed at whatever!

The closure of the previous forum, plus the pathetic new administrator who was going to  censor everything could not have come at a worse time.  There were well over a hundred registered users , plus lots of guests using the forum. This previous forum would have been a great communication channel for what is about to be delivered or not! 

Still we are left with a new forum which is slowly building up usage, not been censored, and open debate thrives without abuse at individuals. Yes, there are some outspoken comments, but not abusive, It is imperative this new forum maintains it's standards and remains uncensored, unless of course something is really outrageous and should  be removed immediately.

This forum could be critical over the next few weeks. on what is about to  delivered on the future of the club. We all await with baited breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forums are a powerful tool if used correctly. Like many of you out there, I do read the Trust forum. It is interesting to note that one posting which outlines the Trusts objectives and normally would only be read once has over 700 hits.  

01/5/2013 10:30 am  #2

Re: This Forum and the Future

Thank you Mikem for a very considered posting.

I agree, the vitriolic postings were dealt with swiftly and in somewhat they were a godsend, sending the message to any disruptive influences that impartiality will remain on this forum.

When considering postings and replies I would certainly advocate a few considerations when asked to remove, ban users and their motives behind the postings and / or replies.

Criticism is fair on an open forum but for all the right reasons if something is evident and not a personal opinion for personal attention or gain.

Player criticism will be considered very highly as there will undoubtedly be detrimental effects on any player should they choose to read this forum. We as humans make mistakes. As for drawing players over hot coals for mistakes during games, I would like to think the person posting any like comments just put themselves in that players shoes before posting, it may change your view.

Club criticism will be considered not as highly as player criticism but there will be movable lines drawn in the sand when referring to Club Officers names and their roles. My advice would be to refer to any directed statements and postings as 'The Club', this maintains a level of ambiguity and takes the edge off any personal impact it may have, which also maintains a constructive and still open forum.

Forums are indeed a powerful tool if used correctly I agree and I would like to take this opportunity again to thank 'The Chezzer' for his fantastic efforts as a true supporter with the previous forum. It was a shame that there were indicators to imply the experience of running a forum were less than enjoyable for him.

I welcome ALL to read, register and contribute to this forum.

Should anyone find any announcements made by the club not appearing on this forum, please feel free to be the one to be novel enough to make the announcement here as soon as possible, I shall endeavour to help promote the posting to the best of this forums capabilities.

I will consider passion for the club against the content of a posting and if something seems to be a little rawbone, please consider the person, the passion behind the content and the content itself in equal measure before replying or contacting The Administrator with a gripe or an application for removal or warning.

This will remain uncensored but with an ageing population at the club, young eyes must always be considered to within its comments.

Board footera