“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/8/2014 12:07 am  #1

Folkestone away

Earlier this evening I read just the first few lines of what initially appeared a very disappointed posting from Gary W after the game today.
I thought 'oh dear, I am going to come back later and give that a proper coat of reading'

Now that posting seems to have disappeared.
Should I be concerned about censorship demons?  Or perhaps Gary calmed down after a glass of lemonade and deleted it himself.

17/8/2014 6:37 am  #2

Re: Folkestone away

I notice that all the comments regarding this thread have been removed including mine and it most certainly was not by me! are we now living in a communist state where open and personal views, but not abusive,  are not allowed.
I think on this ocassion the "Censor" whoever that might be has been a tad to hasty and should think twice before acting in this way again.
I thought a forum was a place where views could be exchanged and debated, in a sensible and adult manner, not just be deleted if our "Censor" does not agree with them.
Get a life!

17/8/2014 9:38 am  #3

Oh dear Gary.   What a shame.  Clearly, in your view, not very good at all.
And now I don't have a chance to read your critical assessment of the game.
And nobody else seems to be posting their views of the team that played (as opposed to criticism so those that could not make it, for whatever reason)

I bought my season ticket weeks ago.   So i guess i am there for the long haul.
And the league is a marathon, not a sprint.

However poor things might seem at the moment one player I would not have in my sights is Bash.
You missed chunks of last season Gary so you may not have seen him battle manfully on many occasions in a midfield of mainly youngsters.  Without him we would not be Ryman anything!
See you on Tuesday for a beer.

Ps I wondered where on the club roundabout Vines P had got to.   I did see he was no longer with Margate.

17/8/2014 10:28 am  #4

Thanks 59er. and Gary for the info!
Personally I would not be so  downhearted, we know we have not performed to our true potential yet, but the signs are there, albeit spasmodic. Hopefully with the return of "Bash" things will improve, our main failing  seems to be in front of goal, wher we are very lacking in both creativity and putting away what few chances we do create, this in turn puts extra pressure upon our defence.
So lets arrive on Tuesday with a bit more positivity, to watch hopefully our first home win!

17/8/2014 7:47 pm  #5

Ashley Robinson, signed from Dulwits on Friday  

Last edited by DeePee (17/8/2014 7:49 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

17/8/2014 8:07 pm  #6

Played a few games for us at the end of the Mark Beard era. In fact I think Beardy's last game in charge (away to Bury Town) was also Ash' s last game for us in a match in which if I recall correctly he had a penalty saved after trying to walk it in "Messi style" and shortly after received a red card! Things can only improve for him this time around!

17/8/2014 8:32 pm  #7

Is this the same player who came on towards the end of our away night game against Met Police, with Mark Beard as the manager, who was blaming other players for his bad passes, and this same evening Jay Leonard left due to the shambles on the pitch where he most certainly should have been playing but Mark did not put him on. preferring instead Ashley., I hope not as he was not exactly a roaring success.

17/8/2014 8:33 pm  #8

Is this the same player who came on towards the end of our away night game against Met Police, with Mark Beard as the manager, who was blaming other players for his bad passes, and this same evening Jay Lovett left due to the shambles on the pitch where he most certainly should have been playing but Mark did not put him on. preferring instead Ashley., I hope not as he was not exactly a roaring success.

18/8/2014 7:55 am  #9

I missed the Folkestone game, but so did Gordon, Alimi, Newton, Watkins and Noble.  Thats 5 pretty decent players, so we have a lot of scope for improvement.  Also, if we had these 3 games in mid season - a home draw and 2 away defeats - it wouldn't necessarily seem like a disaster.  But when its the first 3 games of the season everyone starts to get a bit twitchy!

As someone who is notoriously pessimistic, I can actually see this team putting a run of good results together - soon!

18/8/2014 12:19 pm  #10

I agree endo and in my opinion, when you look at the standard of the opposition (based on last season's finishing placings in the league), failing to pick up 4 points from the opening two games is more disappointing than Saturday's away defeat to the side that finished 2nd in the league last season and have invested to further improve their squad over the summer (which I believe is one of  the reasons their chairman stood down last week as he felt they should be investing more in the infrastructure rather than the playing squad)

19/8/2014 1:56 pm  #11

I was fortunate enough not to have gone to the Folkestone game. I was fortunate enough to have attended the Members Meeting. Reading your views about this game and players not turning up etc, doesn't equate to listening to Steve Adkins, who on that evening came over very positive.
I am at a loss to know just what is happening.
Someone give Bondy a cuddle he doesn't usually get as down as he sounds at the mo. I'm sure it will all improve soon and if it doesn't tonight, I might just be as down as Bondy as well.

19/8/2014 4:42 pm  #12

I'm not down Benchy.  Far from it - my glass is brimming full.
After all, I've only seen one leage game so far.  So I am still bubbly from the Dullwits performance.

Of course if I had viewed the Merstham and Folkestone games myself I might be as miserable as poor Gary.  He is the one that needs a cuddle. And if we all link arms we might just about get them around him!!!   (I know, I know:  rearrange: kettle / pot / black)

Board footera