“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14/9/2014 11:50 am  #1

Quiz night

Our Members Club President Chris Jackson is looking to arrange a quiz night, ideally this side of Christmas,  to help bolster our efforts to support the first team budget. What we are currently considering is which would be the best night of the week to hold this event.

Not surprisingly we have narrowed this down to either a Friday evening or an early Saturday evening following on from a first team home fixture. What we would like to know is which of these evenings would you be most likely to support.

Please use this poll to indicate your preference however I would ask that you only vote if you are actually likely to support the event if it's held on your preferred night. Thank you

What would be your preferred evening for a quiz event at TMUFC?

15/9/2014 9:41 am  #2

Re: Quiz night

Just a suggestion Tim but about 12 years ago when Roger the spurs fan was Guvnor of the Cricketers pub he used to run a football quiz once a month on a Monday night. I took part in some and they were always very well attended, usually attracting around a dozen teams of 4. Given that there is a common interest amongst us ( Football ) maybe it would be a more attractive proposition than a general knowledge quiz, given that a lot of us local lads were educated ( I use the term loosely ) at either Western Road Middle or Eastfields High and in some unfortunate cases BOTH. Roger used to have various categories such as The F.A.Cup, Europe, London Clubs, current Prem League season etc, etc. We could add a Tooting & Mitcham category.

A little bit of trivia for you....did you know that one Bogender spends a disproportionate part of his working day trawling through photos of 'Right Said Fred' ? He must be a wrong'un !!

15/9/2014 11:28 am  #3

Bog End Ultra wrote:

Just a suggestion Tim but about 12 years ago when Roger the spurs fan was Guvnor of the Cricketers pub he used to run a football quiz once a month on a Monday night. I took part in some and they were always very well attended, usually attracting around a dozen teams of 4. Given that there is a common interest amongst us ( Football ) maybe it would be a more attractive proposition than a general knowledge quiz, given that a lot of us local lads were educated ( I use the term loosely ) at either Western Road Middle or Eastfields High and in some unfortunate cases BOTH. Roger used to have various categories such as The F.A.Cup, Europe, London Clubs, current Prem League season etc, etc. We could add a Tooting & Mitcham category.

A little bit of trivia for you....did you know that one Bogender spends a disproportionate part of his working day trawling through photos of 'Right Said Fred' ? He must be a wrong'un !!

I Beg Your Pardon...... !!!!!

15/9/2014 8:16 pm  #4

Deeply dippy he might be, but too sexy he certainly ain't!

Board footera