“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/9/2014 11:43 am  #1

Tim Marcus match report against Cray Wanderers

Tim,I have just read your match report for last Saturday’s game against  Cray Wanderers. Although this item is written from a Tooting perspective, I find it totally reflects a true description and prognosis of the game. It very difficult to write a report without being emotional, you have managed this without any controversy, not an easy task. It takes time and courage to write an unbiased report, is there any way you can post a report without anyone being able to respond under the posting.  If anyone wants to debate the match, this should be a different posting heading, you should not have to justify a first class synopsis of the game. We all have our views on players and tactics, you have what you have got!

16/9/2014 3:59 pm  #2

Re: Tim Marcus match report against Cray Wanderers

Mike, thank you for you kind words. I think the short answer to your question though is no. The report was just a favour for Paul Pigott who is currently on holiday and unable to update his website from Majorca. I put it on the forum so that when he's back he can simply copy and paste onto his site.

I'm fairly thick skinned though and accept that football is a game of opinions. Reassuring to note though from the comments made that both you and Gary Walker appear to have been watching the same game as I was!

I believe that Chris Jackson is taking over the scribe's pen for tonight's game and the gold thonged one will be doing the honours, all being well, on Saturday

16/9/2014 6:23 pm  #3

Re: Tim Marcus match report against Cray Wanderers

All thing beings equal the golden thonged one is indeed intending to help out Scoop Piggott with a report on the CC game from the copious notes I shall take plus my own take on the game.

And all will be free to comment in it, disagree with it, correct me (got a scorer wrong at Three Bridges!) or even rubbish it.
As long as it means this Forum has our supporters engaged about our footsie plus some banter I don't care.
Fill your boots.

Board footera