“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2014 7:53 am  #1

I heard a little rumour

That Frankie Sawyer might be heading back to Tooting.

Now, even though I think he is a tremendous striker, I'm not sure where he's going to fit in, especially if Watkins is back on the scene.

I would not be leaving Summers out of the 1st XI at the moment.

03/10/2014 8:29 am  #2

Re: I heard a little rumour

Just goes to show that money is not everything.

And as for how he might fit in Endo?  Thankfully not for us to worry about. We can leave that to Craig and Adam, if it happens.

As I understand it no change in much debated status of Craig Watkins (don't start Gary off again).
Can't make majority of games due to work. But, as you saw for yourself on Tuesday, staying very fit, not playing for anybody else for same work reasons and, if needed and available, a very useful and highly experienced player to come in and do a job.

So no cause for any concern.

You did not hear it from me DeePee.

03/10/2014 8:50 am  #3

Yep Frankies returning to yourselves and most of us wish him all the best and thank him for his total effort over the last 7 months. He's been with us three times now and is still a fans favorite for many. Hes been injured this season pretty much since the beginning and was out of form when fit but is still a class player and has always tried his hardest for us and it was appreciated by the vast majority. Feel your tactics will suit him a lot more than ours have so far this season.

Good luck to him and yourselves.

Last edited by Hastingsfan (03/10/2014 8:52 am)

03/10/2014 9:00 am  #4

Hastingsfan wrote:

Yep Frankies returning to yourselves and most of us wish him all the best and thank him for his total effort over the last 7 months. He's been with us three times now and is still a fans favorite for many. Hes been injured this season pretty much since the beginning and was out of form when fit but is still a class player and has always tried his hardest for us and it was appreciated by the vast majority. Feel your tactics will suit him a lot more than ours have so far this season.

Good luck to him and yourselves.

Thanks Hastingsfan... I hope it is true...

03/10/2014 9:02 am  #5

Yeah it def is true, spoke to him today A few of us look forward to having a post match beer with him when we come up to your very decent stadium in March, hopefully we are both in the playoffs by then!!

03/10/2014 10:45 am  #6

Craig Tanner has confirmed the news to me this morning. Frankie will be included in the squad for tomorrow's home game v Herne Bay

03/10/2014 12:11 pm  #7

Well I thought that Gary's view of the status of Craig Wtkins in the team was a little harsh, as I see him as a good player.  But if his absenses from the team are going to be numerous and long I think that it is anfair to the players who are currently playing well to make way for him.  Personally, I think Frankie Sawyer is the better player as he struck me as having a very good footballing brain in his head,  I think that he will fit in well with Dan up front.

03/10/2014 2:39 pm  #8

Still enjoying my time in the sun, and it has just got sunnier, where  are my shades?

03/10/2014 2:40 pm  #9

The little mans hero is Frankie and he was gutted when he left last season and almost cried....

He doesn't know the news yet but he will be over the moon when he finds out...

This is great news.

07/10/2014 11:26 am  #10

All credit to Frankie because I watched the little man approach him in the bar on Saturday and he was greeted with a big smile and a really warm welcome. 
It does not take much but not all can be bothered (Exhibit 1: Ryan Gray   I'm sure you all have others)

08/10/2014 9:51 am  #11

Bondy wrote:

All credit to Frankie because I watched the little man approach him in the bar on Saturday and he was greeted with a big smile and a really warm welcome. 
It does not take much but not all can be bothered (Exhibit 1: Ryan Gray   I'm sure you all have others)

Anthony was so happy to see him again... A nice moment Bondy

08/10/2014 2:09 pm  #12

gary walker wrote:

What this club needs is more Anthony's as they will be the life blood of this club in a few years.

Last year we gave out tickets to Anthony's school and a few turned up. I also know that tickets were also given out to many of the kids who train on the front pitches during the week.

More use made of Twitter and Facebook to advertise games. Roger does a great job but if others could also chip in that may help.

I'm @hackbridgeharry on twitter by the way.

When I moved to the area and started following the club, I was amazed at how many friends of mine had followed TMUFC in the past once i mentioned I was coming over here.

Another problem is that we are so near to Sutton and Carshalton... AFC Wimbledon, both Croydon teams, Dulwich and Kingstonion not far away either. Bang in the middle of a number of Non league clubs. We'll have to think of something to get floating fans to come to games.

So many people are disolutioned with the money that the premership takes from punters we should try and get them over as well. I'm forever trying to get mates to come over... I admit, with very little sucess.

This club could be a lot bigger and I don't really think it would take to much to improve the clubs profile.... We have the support we just need to get it back into the ground.

08/10/2014 3:37 pm  #13

I feel with the potential we have as a club we could average 500 plus without away support, we need to market the club in a more up to date way social media is a tool but I will give a example of 2 clubs who have had a up turn

1 Lewes, not only do they once a month offer everyone who lives within a mile radius of the ground a discounted admission but with clever marketing advertised in every pub, club, coffee shop, Cafe, jobcentre (offer voluntary work on matchdays) but also clever posters and radio adverts in the local area, I only just heard the advert on radio Jackie this morning.

2 Kidderminster, they offer a homework clubs for kids, also offering free lessons in football, kids pay a pound and get a meal deal style package, unlimited soft drinks, kickabout after the game on the pitch and get to go into the dressing room and meet and greet players,

I was lost but now im found

11/10/2014 7:55 am  #14

Gary I have been saying for some time now, Steve is behind the team in every way, with a different mind set from say, two years ago. But he is still not going to throw seemingly endless amounts of money at it in order to obtain success, neither should he be expected to, we all know what that leads to. I know he would love to see us in the Conference, but personally speaking I feel with the level of crowds we could expect, although we have a stadium set up that is second to none, I can not see that being sustainable.
But I would love to be proved wrong, prefferably sooner rather than later, otherwise some of us might not be here to see it!

11/10/2014 9:04 am  #15

I wish I could agree with you Gary but todays youngsters are bought up on football on the television, not standing on the terraces in the freezing rain on a midweek winters evening. They are also bought up to expect success, and failure is unthinkable. Whereas my generation know it is part and parcel; of being a fan, and in a perverse sought of way , part of the fun. as we all know following "Tooting"

11/10/2014 9:36 am  #16

I like your optimism Gary.

11/10/2014 9:57 am  #17

Gary would I be correct in assuming that like me, you are sitting by you computor waiting for the time to pass before you can leave?
I have still got another thirty minutes to kill!

Last edited by alanj (11/10/2014 9:58 am)

Board footera