“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/10/2014 4:37 pm  #1

T&M 1 Herne Bay 0

We won courtesy of a 17th minute first time shot by Dan Summers following an excellent cross from Sol Pinnock. 

We were the better team throughout but could not find the second goal that would have given our tired legs from Tuesday night's exertions a rest in the final frantic ten minutes when Herne Bay had a couple of good chances to equalise.

Biggest cheer of the day was for Sol taking a proper corner. 

Last edited by Tartan Terror (04/10/2014 6:29 pm)

04/10/2014 10:55 pm  #2

Re: T&M 1 Herne Bay 0

Sol was indeed Man of the Match Gary. Not only did he provide the cross for Dan's goal but he won the ball in our own half before embarking on the run down the left hand side that led to it. If there had been a MoM award on Tuesday night I think he would have won it then too. Playing out of his skin at the moment and long may it last

05/10/2014 7:32 am  #3

I agree with you Tim, I felt his last four or five games have not given him the goal return his play deserved, he has been working tirelessly for the team. In fact I would go so far as to say this is probably his best spell for a long time, and long may it continue. Personally I feel he is a better player on the wing than in the centre, and with the riches at Craig`s disposal, and hopefully not too far away, the return of Max, this will only add more pressuree upon him to keep playing as he has.
Well done Sol !

05/10/2014 9:28 am  #4

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/10/2014 9:42 am  #5

Who is that old sea dog presenting the bottle?

05/10/2014 10:51 am  #6

Winning is always a good thing and with the chances we had the scoreline should have been at least 4-0.
But particularly in the second half, we tried to give it away. The defence on Tuesday was superb, yesterday at times it was back to our old self's.
There was a few times when I thought as most people did that we were going to give it away and concede.
Two or three times we had the chance to clear the ball and failed, twice conceding a free kick.
A better team would have punished us and possibly even nick the win.
But getting a victory when it is a struggle is still enjoyable (well when the full time whistle goes).
Please tooting go to East Thurrock on Saturday and play like you did Tuesday, not like you did yesterday.

Last edited by Routemaster (05/10/2014 10:52 am)

06/10/2014 9:53 am  #7

Anybody who read the report in the Non League Paper would have been informed that the winning goal was scored by Ben Summers.
If there are any doubts - I do know the name of the Centre Forward who is scoring a lot of goals for us.
These reports are telephoned over immediately after the game and the charming lady at the other end must have misheard me.
My apologies to Dan.

06/10/2014 2:33 pm  #8

Who is that old sea dog presenting the bottle?
That'll be Peter Gabriel's handsome and younger brother ! 

06/10/2014 2:56 pm  #9

Was that taken near " Salisbury Hill"? Dee Pee.

06/10/2014 3:03 pm  #10

SOlsbury Hill - wake up at the back there Alan ! (i.e. Wiv an O not an A)

06/10/2014 10:59 pm  #11

DeePee, I reckon you're more Blueberry Hill than Solsbury Hill!

Board footera