“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/10/2014 11:31 am  #1

Sunday Quiz questions

well I thought I would try and get the brain cells working so here goes.

1: who was the last player to play for tooting to play international football for his country?

2: Mickeal Munday (sorry for spelling) had a unwanted label when he was at tooting what was it,

3: tooting and kingstonian were thrown out of the Surrey Senior Cup for having eligible players can you name the 2 players in question

4: Finally tooting played Bromley in the London Senior Cup final at imperial Fields and Won put who was Paul Vines Strike partner on the day

I was lost but now im found

05/10/2014 8:53 pm  #2

Re: Sunday Quiz questions

Q1. I do believe that Howard Newton has represented Guyana. 

Q2. We always lost when he scored

Q3. Dorian Smith for Tooting and Shawn Beveney for Ks

Q4. I'll take a punt at Eben Allen

06/10/2014 7:47 am  #3

1. Anthony Bardon recently played and scored for Gibraltar (at least I think he scored)

2. I don't like Mundays

3. Can you get thrown out of a competition for having eligible players ? Seems harsh !

4. I'll bow to Fretters better knowledge

06/10/2014 2:29 pm  #4

3. Oh yes it happened ! See tomorrow evening's programme. 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

06/10/2014 10:51 pm  #5

I think Ultra' s point was that the word in the question should have been ineligible! And while I don't think those mentioned so far actually played for their countries whilst they were Tooting players  it's also worth mentioning that Jamie Lawrence represented Jamaica.

And talking of Anthony Bardon, who is now playing full time in Gibraltar for their current league champions, whilst he wasn't in the squad for their most recent euro qualifier I believe that he did get two International caps for Gibraltar earlier this year

Last edited by Tim Marcus (06/10/2014 10:56 pm)

06/10/2014 11:16 pm  #6

Going back a few years I can also recall that we had Dean Forbes who also represented Guyana and before that we had Jamie Pace, who went on to represent Malta, scoring in a couple of European championship qualifiers

06/10/2014 11:19 pm  #7

Dean Forbes I think was the last player to represent his country whilst actually a registered T&M player

07/10/2014 10:47 am  #8

The_Chezzer wrote:

well I thought I would try and get the brain cells working so here goes.

1: who was the last player to play for tooting to play international football for his country?

2: Mickeal Munday (sorry for spelling) had a unwanted label when he was at tooting what was it,

3: tooting and kingstonian were thrown out of the Surrey Senior Cup for having eligible players can you name the 2 players in question

4: Finally tooting played Bromley in the London Senior Cup final at imperial Fields and Won put who was Paul Vines Strike partner on the day

Answers

1 Dean Forbes got his cap whilst at Tooting

2. When he scored we never won

3. shaun Bevaney and dorian Smith

4. Eban Allen

I was lost but now im found

07/10/2014 10:21 pm  #9

Three out of four ain't bad!!!!

Hope this is gonna be a regular teature, Chez

Board footera