“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2014 2:24 pm  #1

FA Cup prize money

Having not really taken an interest with the prize money from the fa cup until this season. I can't help constantly thinking, we got to the first round proper of the fa cup in that wonderful season a few years ago. The prize money we won must have exceeded £20,000 and with the gate money especially against Stockport, that figure surely must have been at least £30,000.
Why did there need to be a 40% budget cut. Surely the budget should go up not down or was there more to it than meets the eye?.

10/10/2014 2:31 pm  #2

Re: FA Cup prize money

Why bring up that old chestnut.
Live for today, and hopefully the right result tomorrow.

10/10/2014 2:36 pm  #3

Sorry, I didn't mean it as a negative issue, I'm just nosey.
I have already started praying for tomorrow.

10/10/2014 2:50 pm  #4

I was only thinking about that today.  I'm sure that not too long ago I didn't have any idea about prize money etc.  Nowadays we all seem aware of players wages, weekly budgets, prize money, sponsorship deals as well as match day costs etc.

What happened to the good old days when all I was worried about was the results!

Its in the pro game as well.  I'm sure I did not have a clue how much, or even if there was any, prize money for the FA Cup winners and league champions when I was younger.  Now we know all about parachute payments and image rights!

So lets play for the glory tomorrow - not the money!

10/10/2014 4:30 pm  #5

£7500 on offer tomorrow if we win then torquay or bristol Rovers home or away nice

I was lost but now im found

10/10/2014 5:08 pm  #6

59robbery wrote:

Followed by Portsmouth, Sheffield United and Man Utd. After that I don't care who we play...........

I'd prefer to leave ManU until the final...

10/10/2014 8:53 pm  #7

No fear, by then then might have got there act together.

11/10/2014 8:03 am  #8

I would rather have Tottenham hotspur in the final.
Beat them say (I'm not gready) 6-0.
Then that really would be the icing on the cake.

11/10/2014 8:12 am  #9

Like you Routemaster, I do not wish to appear greedy, but the scousers would do me, with the same scoreline, I could then die a happy manc!

Board footera