“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/10/2014 11:41 am  #1

FA Cup draw

Just seen that East Thurrock got a home draw in the next round. It would have been Bath City or Shortwood Utd (wherever that is) in the next round. Would have fancied our chances in that one. Alas it was not to be!!!!

The last remaining side in our division, Burgess Hill, will fancy their chances of causing an upset against Dartford.

13/10/2014 11:51 am  #2

Re: FA Cup draw

Still a bit frustrated in the manner of the goals we conceded on Saturday.  We are normally good at closing down around the edge of our box, but on Saturday, both scorers seemed to have time to set themselves up for the scoring shot.  We've grown accustomed to conceding unchallenged headers and breakaway goals, but those two on Saturday were preventable.

13/10/2014 12:34 pm  #3

What upset me more than anything "Endo" it was the same player who made the error, not once, but twice?

13/10/2014 1:18 pm  #4

Surely that wouldn't have been us v Bath City etc as our number in the draw would've been a lot lower than ET's turned out to be ? (Alphabetical order ?)  Interesting to work out who it might have been on that premise.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

13/10/2014 2:09 pm  #5

Alanj, I cannot agree more with your comments on this topic and the one you posted on the match review.
The player concerned made two  mistakes, left the team totally exposed and they scored.  It's not his fault, if he's selected he plays, the questions is I think there were better equiped players on the bench! The were long periods of nothing play as far as the Terrors were concerned, they needed energising in midfield. The right defensive side was totally exposed throughout the game, you have to  say was this pure luck, or had Thurrock doene their reseach on the opposition?

Board footera